Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Isolated SVR FF potential for our NYC metro 130P Fri 7/3-3A Sat 7/4

wdrag

Just now, Allsnow said:

Wow this storm is legit 

And yet again, it missed me by just a couple miles to the east. I was on the edge so I only got a brief moderate shower. A few hundreths of an inch of rain. I'm ending up with not even a tenth of an inch of rain for the whole week, what a joke. The ground is parched.

• Sad 1

I don't know how this happens to my area every single time. I lost count of the number of storms that have missed me by just a few miles this week. It's mind boggling. Now to add insult to injury, the storms in Somerset county will miss me to the south as they move into central and southern Middlesex county. No water for the garden this week, despite so many storms around.

• Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

I don't know how this happens to my area every single time. I lost count of the number of storms that have missed me by just a few miles this week. It's mind boggling. Now to add insult to injury, the storms in Somerset county will miss me to the south as they move into central and southern Middlesex county. No water for the garden this week, despite so many storms around.

It sucks.  I thought this was going to miss to my east when the sun started to come out then all hell broke loose

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

I'm on the Somerset/Hunterdon border and I hear thunder and see some lightning...radar says it's over my house and absolutely nothing...

9 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

It sucks.  I thought this was going to miss to my east when the sun started to come out then all hell broke loose

I'm glad you ended up getting a great storm, even though I'm very jealous (lol). I would have been in it had my location been just a couple miles to the east. The eastern sky looked as if the end of the world was happening ... pitch black and lots of lightning. Very frustrating to be so close to a great storm. I did water the vegetable garden this afternoon, because I had a feeling the storms would miss me again tonight. It has been a week of horrendous luck here. Hopefully better luck next week.

7 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

I'm glad you ended up getting a great storm, even though I'm very jealous (lol). I would have been in it had my location been just a couple miles to the east. The eastern sky looked as if the end of the world was happening ... pitch black and lots of lightning. Very frustrating to be so close to a great storm. I did water the vegetable garden this afternoon, because I had a feeling the storms would miss me again tonight. It has been a week of horrendous luck here. Hopefully better luck next week.

i can assure you it's because i live in Piscataway too

once i move you're gonna get hammered by rain so often you'll need to replace the veggie garden with a rice paddy

Just now, Stormlover74 said:

Looked very localized 

Welcome to summer am I right?

I did get a nice sunset.

As a comment: big summer storms are like a good dinner to me.  You get the appetizer, the anticipation, big heat and humidity, you watch it roll in, outflow breeze revves up, maybe you get a nice shelf cloud.  Bam, it hits, big rain, wind, thunder and lightning, hail if you're lucky.  It rolls out, you're absorbing everything that happened, and just as you do, a big beautiful sunset appears.  Dessert!  God we are so lucky to be weather enthusiasts.

Here's today's dessert straight from Piscataway.  Camera phone can't ever do it justice but it was good for a summer sunset.

sunset.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

Welcome to summer am I right?

I did get a nice sunset.

As a comment: big summer storms are like a good dinner to me.  You get the appetizer, the anticipation, big heat and humidity, you watch it roll in, outflow breeze revves up, maybe you get a nice shelf cloud.  Bam, it hits, big rain, wind, thunder and lightning, hail if you're lucky.  It rolls out, you're absorbing everything that happened, and just as you do, a big beautiful sunset appears.  Dessert!  God we are so lucky to be weather enthusiasts.

Here's today's dessert straight from Piscataway.  Camera phone can't ever do it justice but it was good for a summer sunset.

sunset.jpg

QVC is doing Xmas in July.

winter is coming

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi everyone and celebrate safely! I was a little disappointed in seemingly not much activity after about 9P last night, but the verification isn't too bad.  I knew there were still over 15,000 customers without power around 9P last night in the tri state.  Looking for any rainfall reports in our NYC forum area over 2.5" = radar shows some spots in sw CT. Here is a glance at the report and radar-sensor verification. 606A/4

Screen_Shot_2020-07-04_at_5_53.26_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2020-07-04_at_5_48.14_AM.png

• Like 1