• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Isolated SVR FF potential for our NYC metro 130P Fri 7/3-3A Sat 7/4

wdrag

Good Friday morning July 3, 2020. This mornings SPC marginal risk, OKX near term discussion covers the basics (both review more data than I). Additionally I like to use SPC HREF which from my daily review WPC uses frequently for its day1 QPF. Have made this a larger window for thunderstorms/heavy rainers due to some of modeling lingering through ~06z, which I think is possible (not strictly heating related convection). Believe most of the big storms are in the 5-10P window associated with 850 MB vorticity-trough passing southward into our area.  Regarding Severe: "probably" isolated but power outages from lightning could be somewhat more extensive than the damaging wind gusts due to PWAT briefly near 2" this eve. Can see isolated rainfall 3.5" somewhere in the area... best chance I think is se NYS or NNJ...from 2-3 bands of heavy showers/storms this afternoon, otherwise WPC D1 qpf looks reasonable.   Will post as time permits later today/this eve and summarize with final LSR/Rainfall maps sometime around 6A Saturday. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Storms missing me to my East all day. Suffolk getting slammed 

Eastern Suffolk always seems to do better than Western Suffolk, I don’t get it.

Quick shower here but it amounted to nothing.

1 minute ago, Allsnow said:

The convection west of the lower Hudson valley is the stuff to watch. The trajectory of them looks southeast, so the closer to the city the better for storms. 

Mt Holly nws is calling for storms to drift south up in the north areas this evening possibly as far south as the philly burbs.

time will tell 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Animal said:

Mt Holly nws is calling for storms to drift south up in the north areas this evening possibly as far south as the philly burbs.

time will tell 

They just put out a statement out about the storms west of the Lehigh valley. They look to impact Phl tonight