• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2020 Observations

yotaman

Other than a quick 0.18" last Wednesday, haven;t been able to buy anything for the last 2 + weeks.  Cells have been zooming by from every direction, but everything misses with just a drop or two.  hoping for a change of luckthis week with the low pressure system, but not impressing so far today.

6 hours ago, Solak said:

Is there a decent size brush fire burning South of Goldsboro/West of Kinston? Radar is showing a good size stationary plume along Hwy 117. Nothing showing on satellite.

I saw it as well. We sent a Mt Olive police unit out to the area, but there wasn't any sign of smoke or anything else unusual.  The NWS Raleigh office called the center asking the same thing, but we couldn't confirm anything. 

11 hours ago, goldsborosnow said:

I saw it as well. We sent a Mt Olive police unit out to the area, but there wasn't any sign of smoke or anything else unusual.  The NWS Raleigh office called the center asking the same thing, but we couldn't confirm anything. 

I asked NWS Raleigh about it, and they couldn't confirm anything at the time,, either. Interesting, given the length of time it showed up on radar.

1 hour ago, Solak said:

I asked NWS Raleigh about it, and they couldn't confirm anything at the time,, either. Interesting, given the length of time it showed up on radar.

Yeah they said some people had called them. LOL. The funny thing was that another similar area was showing up further south in Duplin County.  I was working in 911 yesterday, so we definitely confirmed there weren't any fires/smoke plumes in the area.  I guess it's just one of those mysteries of the Earth kind of things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goldsborosnow said:

What ever it is, it's back today. 

I noticed that too. Insect swarm? Someone's lawn sprinkler gone haywire? :D

Wrong time of day to be bats or purple martins. It's also changed orientation to match the wind profile.

• Like 1