Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2020

George BM

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Tomorrow’s frontal passage looks pretty dry for most of us. Boo.

I don't even care at this point. Despite a bunch of rain the last few weeks, half my grass has burned to hell lol. Cant find a tall fescue that is durable enough to survive the mid summer heat in full sun here. All the trees are problematic too, pulling moisture and nutrients away from the grass. I  am rooting for dry now. Have some mosquitoes for the first time this year.

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Looks seasonal starting Thursday or Friday and then into the first week of the month. Here’s hoping. 

1st heat related death of the year in Baltimore today.

12z GFS is wet through the first few days of August, esp along I-95 and east.

32 consecutive 90+ days at CHO

Incidentally, why has CHO been so much warmer (relative to their own averages) over the past few years?  I've noticed if surrounding stations are, say, at +2 for a monthly average, CHO will almost always be a +4 or +5.  It's been a very consistent phenomena for a few years now.

9 minutes ago, Inverted_Trough said:

32 consecutive 90+ days at CHO

Incidentally, why has CHO been so much warmer (relative to their own averages) over the past few years?  I've noticed if surrounding stations are, say, at +2 for a monthly average, CHO will almost always be a +4 or +5.  It's been a very consistent phenomena for a few years now.

more development around the airport along 29?

• Like 1

Got day 26 90+. Looks like we are destined for 28, which is a solid gain on the old record of 25 in 2011. Will be a tough one to beat... at least a couple years maybe. 

Avg high temp second hottest on record behind 2011 to date. Looks like it'll be a photo finish for second on the overall average. So much for the heat being lame. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic