Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2020

George BM

24 minutes ago, CAPE said:

It could evolve that way. I'm ok if it misses. Scored decently last night, and tomorrow looks promising.

I see Talbot County just got a severe warning for the storms currently breaking up over the Bay ... Pretty typical for this area

Electricity went out in storm here in northern AVA around 3:30 pm. I had to find Dominion Virginia outage number  so called around 3:50 pm to notify of our address. I looked on my iPhone at their site, they said 50,000 out in NOVA. My city had about 5000 out. It was a whopping thunder and lightening storm here. We had a generator on and back up sump batteries but still I am always anxious when electricity will return. Well it did at like 5:10 pm. Very thankful to Dominion Virginia crew. It doesn't look to bad outside wrt thunderclouds right now.

Just now, JakkelWx said:

Pathetic storm IMO

Last night was better for sure. Its raining. Bottom line for me. I had my severe experience a week and a half ago. Just got those trees cut up- stacked and waiting for better weather to split it.

0.45" here so far, and exactly an inch over the last 2 days. I'll take it.

22 minutes ago, CAPE said:

1.10" in the last 24 hours, and right about 5" for the month now. Hopefully more to come tomorrow.

Tomorrow night could be one of those rare nights where there's storms basically all night long. 

1 minute ago, JakkelWx said:

Tomorrow night could be one of those rare nights where there's storms basically all night long. 

Yeah looks like a legit front(for July) with an upper level perturbation, and a set up that supports slow movers/training/back building. Should be juicy, and some places are likely going to see some heavy rain.

• Like 1

We got raked with this line in the Oakton/Vienna area.  Easily the strongest TS event this year with gusts ivo 60? (a guess).  Lots of trees down and power outages throughout our area and FFCO as a whole.  Our power has been out ever since the outflow rushed through and still is - large tree took out the high-voltage lines on Lawyers Road that services our entire area.  

Thankful things cooled off when the line went through and it rained long enough to cool down the house.  Temp has been steady in the low 70's ever since.  Have a generator but not big enough to run the AC.  Still no prognosis from Dominion on when power will be restored.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic