Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2020

George BM

23 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Is today the day for an old-fashioned N-S oriented long squall line? NAM stretches it from Albany to Richmond.

Models seem to be in agreement on timing earlier than some of the recent storms too - maybe 3-6pm crossing the area. 

These point-click forecast graphics confuse people sometimes.  We have a funeral and burial of a friend of my Mom's today, and my wife saw this and said "oh no it's going to be raining heavily today!"  Probably would be better to say just chance thunderstorms instead of "heavy rain."

Anyhow, hoping for a good hit in Germantown today as we are on a bit of a losing streak. 

image.png.9a7172bec0a88de21d566b16abf61489.png

40 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

These point-click forecast graphics confuse people sometimes.  We have a funeral and burial of a friend of my Mom's today, and my wife saw this and said "oh no it's going to be raining heavily today!"  Probably would be better to say just chance thunderstorms instead of "heavy rain."

Anyhow, hoping for a good hit in Germantown today as we are on a bit of a losing streak. 

image.png.9a7172bec0a88de21d566b16abf61489.png

No kidding I’m the losing streak. Those two sets of storms last night that literally phased out of existence on approach was so sad.

1 hour ago, DCTeacherman said:

Wow it is way grosser than yesterday morning, dew points 74-77 around my area.  

Yes it is. Have been taking my daughter to ride very early to beat the sun rising. The last few mornings as long as we were done by 8 am it was good. Today we stepped outside to head over to VA and decided it was too nasty even at 6:30 in the morning. Current dew point here is 74.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic