Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2020

George BM

1 minute ago, RDM said:

98/75/111 - Just came in from cutting the grass.  Even with a canopy on my Kubota it's toasty out there.  RH may be a bit high due to the freshly cut grass IVO the our PWS  (Vantage Vue).

What are your thoughts about the Vantage Vue? Is it easy to set up and reasonably accurate with temperatures?

19 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

I don’t see the support when three stations 0.5 miles to southeast are ranging 93-96

it does still seem to be an outlier... does hot air filter there from the city? 

25 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

BWI swings  4 degrees up and then 4 degrees down in 40 minutes over a very light southeast breeze versus variable. That is an artificial inducement of the value snd needs to be corrected 

I see a pretty steady climb to 99-100, then a drop off in temps beginning at 1:50 pm, which which seems to coincide with outflow from nearby cells that popped up.

Is this a consistent problem that you have noted? If not,  what is there to correct?

39 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

What are your thoughts about the Vantage Vue? Is it easy to set up and reasonably accurate with temperatures?

If left in full sun, the temps will be way high. Such is its small rad shield.  I'm lucky to have good siting for mine most of the year, but makes it kinda useless for wind speed. DP is good,  and console is nice too.  Have been using it since they were invented, maybe over 10 years? 

All that said, we really like it anyway.  (Could say more but derailing the thread bad enough already) 

Sun is back out here and DP is 82 (way humid...my glasses fogged)

Temp 82f.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Nice!!

Instant sweatage in your yard then just going out to the mailbox.

I was stupid enough to go lay out and work in my tan with one of my kids(daily ritual for her) and I was sizzling. 

You know what happens when they make pork rinds?  That was me. Bacon was frying 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, CAPE said:

3 pm- 

95/78/112

I think that's probably the max for today.

I guess not-

Just hit 96 here. DP still 78. That's a 113 HI.

Feels good walking outside into the sauna- for about a minute. As long as you aren't in the sun, and don't move, its actually fine.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

meanwhile BWI was 92 last ob.. not odd. 

Not at all, when you look at the radar and see the outflow boundary that moved through from the cells that formed along the bay just to the east and SE.

But dw, Tenman will make the call and have that sensor replaced, asap.

• Weenie 2

Just now, CAPE said:

Not at all, when you look at the radar and see the outflow boundary that moved through from the cells that formed along the bay just to the east and SE.

But dw, Tenman will make the call and have that sensor replaced, asap.

ahh yes good point. 

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I guess not-

Just hit 96 here. DP still 78. That's a 113 HI.

Feels good walking outside into the sauna- for about a minute. As long as you aren't in the sun, and don't move, its actually fine.

I've kinda gotten used to this heat. Heat indexes of 110 no longer feel that hot anymore. I guess it's due to our climate becoming like Florida since 2016

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic