Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2020

George BM

Just now, MN Transplant said:

Yes, that ob is almost certainly an 89, so we will have to wait.

why can't they just report the initial F temperature reading?  Seems odd to convert it to a less precise scale (as an integer) and then convert it back to the now less exact F reading

5 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

There are less than 10 people on the entire planet that care about this.  Most are here, and the others are probably on Twitter.  We are a special bunch.

I'd imagine the denier set will start caring a lot more if we make it past tomorrow. lol. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

2011 sucked.  I'm surprised we don't have a 2010 streak in there.  Bad luck I guess.  

yes on both. 2010 fell just short of that group with 12.. also had an 11... and a fair amount of one day breaks in between streaks. 

9 minutes ago, astarck said:

We need the entire month of 90/70 or more.

not impossible.. think we do have a rather decent shot at the 90+ record of 25 for July/any month. 70+ is a bit harder given the record is 30. 

I got under the better parts of that isolated shower last hour and picked up a welcomed .09” of rain.

57 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

The heat sucks, but let’s take a moment to appreciate the glorious clean air. A huge change from 20-30 years ago. 

https://twitter.com/ryans_wx/status/1282775504240730112?s=21

Absolutely. It’s pretty amazing how much the catalytic converter changed auto emissions.

14 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I got under the better parts of that isolated shower last hour and picked up a welcomed .09” of rain.

Absolutely. It’s pretty amazing how much the catalytic converter changed auto emissions.

Haven't those been mandatory since the mid-70s? They certainly made a big difference, but I think the improvements we've seen in the past 20+ years have much more to do with the 1990 amendments to the Clean Air Act than anything else. Those regulations targeted the big commercial and industrial pollution emitters.

Just now, TSG said:

Haven't those been mandatory since the mid-70s? They certainly made a big difference, but I think the improvements we've seen in the past 20+ years have much more to do with the 1990 amendments to the Clean Air Act than anything else. Those regulations targeted the big commercial and industrial pollution emitters.

I'm sure that you're right.  You've got me googling and reading. Thanks.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic