Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2020

George BM

Just now, losetoa6 said:

A stronger  coastal + vort signature + looking at height anomalies there's more interaction with some Ohio valley energy that might be helping bend this storm NW for a time. 

Yup. I’d wager that OH valley storm is helping yank it NW. Just need a little more...

• Weenie 2

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

GEFS and EPS really swining for the fences as well. Canadian even pumps like a 594 dm ridge. Big EML / derecho favorable pattern.

Wouldn't we want to be less squarely under the ridge and more on the periphery for derecho stuff? 

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

2008/2012 derecho had the ridge focused over Kentucky. We're close. 

Let's do it. I'm of course out town the entirety of next week. You guys will probably get rocked just because mother nature hates me. 

Just now, Kmlwx said:

Let's do it. I'm of course out town the entirety of next week. You guys will probably get rocked just because mother nature hates me. 

From the 11th to 18th I'm in Chinocteague. Only week off I'll have this year. Have been working 6 day weeks since January.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

From the 11th to 18th I'm in Chinocteague. Only week off I'll have this year. Have been working 6 day weeks since January.

:lol: I'm in Chincoteague 12th-19th. Small world. I'm really hoping the mosquitos aren't awful (I haven't been down there since I was younger). There's a NRO spy sat launch scheduled for 9am on the 15th if you hadn't already seen that. Minotaur IV rocket. 

1 minute ago, Kmlwx said:

:lol: I'm in Chincoteague 12th-19th. Small world. I'm really hoping the mosquitos aren't awful (I haven't been down there since I was younger). There's a NRO spy sat launch scheduled for 9am on the 15th if you hadn't already seen that. Minotaur IV rocket. 

Can't wait! Used to work for WFF.

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Look at all this action you’re missing lol

I literally got 1.5" of rain the other day from a storm. That equaled all my precip from March 15th to July 1st before the rain. Now it's gonna be smoking hot with 105-110 everyday from Fri-Wed. Send help....... and ice cream

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, adelphi_sky said:

I have 3.30in of rain so far this week. I am in good shape for now. But my grass is so weak it wouldn't take much to fry it. 

I have had 2.50", and I need more lol. My grass needs constant rain for another couple weeks at least to keep it going. Super well drained soil plus lots of big trees robbing moisture and nutrients. Always a struggle. I am in much better shape than this time last year though.

Out here, just southwest of Purcellville, I am sitting at 1.58 inches of rain for the last 31 days! The storm two nights ago dumped almost an inch of rain less than 1 mile from my home! Yesterday, the storms literally split around me and I ended up with .04" . I submitted the information to the Climate office. Meanwhile, friends of mine in the eastern part of Loudoun saw 8+ inches of rain in June and over 3 inches the last week! I have brown grass and a dusty dry yard! 

22 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Davis,WV, is part of this forum so I’m putting this here. We took some wine, crackers, pepperoni, and cheese up to the ridge this evening and watched this storm build. Looking forward to seeing @jonjon tomorrow and picking up some beers. 

image.jpeg.021a57db49758d2aaadff60807551e7b.jpeg

Looking good, I think I’m gonna head up to dolly sods and do a hike there tomorrow. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic