• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2020

George BM

After missing out on storms all afternoon and evening I got two rounds last night.  First one at 12am, second 2:30.  JFC did it pour.  2.12" from both.  Rolling thunder for hours.  

Great storms but need them during the day.  

The warn core/cold core/extra-tropical low- whatever it ends up being- is looking less impactful for our region on latest guidance. Looks like it will start to feel the influence of the approaching trough as it gets to our latitude, and keep most of the action offshore. If the Atlantic ridge flexes a bit more or the timing of the trough approach changes a bit, things could get more interesting. The better chance of heavy rain may come with the actual front over the weekend.

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

Feels like a day that the 90 streak will end.  Sitting at 11 at DCA.

Dude.  clouds will burn off by 1pm, DCA will sneak in a bogus 90 on a NW wind inter-hour obs.  Thats the standard DC day.  Oh and thrown in some quick CAPE to bust the cap and a SPC meso with a 30% watch 

• Like 1

Final system total was 5.56” from 10pm-5am. Only the July 2018 coastal had more daily IMBY, but that was over a much longer duration.

Power’s back and sump pump is working again- I managed to prevent getting a basement flood. It’s a good thing the power went out at the end, rather than at the beginning.

My son’s being seen this afternoon. His Dr. thinks it’s unlikely to be Covid as no one else is sick and we haven’t really been anywhere (and when we do, we’re very strict on masks & social distancing). Ticks are really bad in my yard this year (I’ve pulled them off the kids and myself several times) so Lyme is a concern. I’ll let you all know the outcome.

Please, no more rain! My 7-day looks awful lol

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

My son’s being seen this afternoon. His Dr. thinks it’s unlikely to be Covid as no one else is sick and we haven’t really been anywhere (and when we do, we’re very strict on masks & social distancing). Ticks are really bad in my yard this year (I’ve pulled them off the kids and myself several times) so Lyme is a concern. I’ll let you all know the outcome.

Hope your little guy's appointment goes well and he feels better soon.  Damn ticks -- I earned myself 38 days on antibiotics two summers ago because one of those things, and my mother in northern Calvert has that meat and dairy allergy from a Lone Star tick bite.

Sun getting going here, and hoping for some rain later as my area missed out yesterday.

2 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Final system total was 5.56” from 10pm-5am. Only the July 2018 coastal had more daily IMBY, but that was over a much longer duration.

Power’s back and sump pump is working again- I managed to prevent getting a basement flood. It’s a good thing the power went out at the end, rather than at the beginning.

Please, no more rain! My 7-day looks awful lol

I thought ticks were noticeably worse this years as well.  My wife was just (30 days ago) diagnosed with Lyme disease.  Fortunately, it was caught in the first 30 days or so as she had classic symptoms of early lyme.  Symptoms were so close to COVID we really thought she had contracted the virus somehow but the test came back neg as symptoms worsened.  Once the rash started we knew we were dealing something else.  Hope your boy is on the mend here soon. 

6 hours ago, H2O said:

Dude.  clouds will burn off by 1pm, DCA will sneak in a bogus 90 on a NW wind inter-hour obs.  Thats the standard DC day.  Oh and thrown in some quick CAPE to bust the cap and a SPC meso with a 30% watch 

2 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Up to 86! I believe in you.

2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

86 at DCA as of 2:40 pm despite the river wind. I think we can do it.

I bow to the believers.  :clap:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

For all my complaining, this has been a huckuva summer for storms to pop up and dump heavy rain on me.

Pouring and starting to get a little windy out in NW Arlington. 

Up to over 4” here since midnight

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic