Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2020

George BM

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Keeping an eye in the late week ull -- weak coastal low . Euro has been hinting at it reaching our yards late Thursday or Friday 

Has it trended west? It had been keeping it off the coast, leaving much of the area unscathed.

3 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

113.9F in the direct sun THI.

Highest of the year. 

Thats rough on our physiology. Cape try not to have another hissy over you don’t recognize this manner of measurement. 

I get it. I do my best to stay out of the direct sun during the afternoon in mid summer. Heatstroke and skin cancer and stuff.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Mesos really  like NE Md and upper eastern shore later today . 

I will gladly take the 6z 3km NAM depiction lol.

sbCAPE and dCAPE look impressive today, as well as pwats. NAM seems to have higher shear than some of the other guidance, thus the more organized, sustained line of convection.

8 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Rocker of a storm here tonight! Very intense lightning and thunder, hail with several in the 1 inch range and had to be 1-1.5 inches of rain in 30 minutes!! I'll know when I get home.

Just missed setting a record for rainfall for the date. 1.72 inches when I dumped this morning. All that fell in under 2 hours. Record is 1.81 from 2015.

14 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Quick peek of latest  Hrrr and it's still has main show in ne Md and east of the bay ...not much action  west of Baltimore . Guess we'll see what pops.  Back to work :D

Sprinkler still sitting in the grass, ready for action.:whistle:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

Very hot July coming up per euro monthly

The ECMWF has a 597 DM ridge stretching from Oklahoma to Ohio 10 days out. If anything it will be even hotter starting mid-July onward. 

yeah this is what is having me worried - if we don't get the slight break this weekend from the coastal low, we're talking weeks of 90s+

today is above the heat threshold.  hopefully we get some bangers moving through.

in other news, finally did old rag last week and glad i did it then as opposed to now.  that hike is legit...straight up (at a decent grade) for 4-5 miles including 1 mile of rock scrambling.  though challenging, it was one of the those hikes where you feel accomplished at the summit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

In just the last six hours:

-I got 5.52” of rain

-Power went out (and is still out)

-Sump pump failed 

-3-year-old son developed Covid-19 symptoms 

Wow.  I’ve measured about 5.5” of rain total since May 1.

Hope your boy feels better very soon.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic