Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2020

George BM

12 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Low to mid 90s isn't that big of a deal until it is continuous without a break.  The Euro also has + 850 departures for the entire run, which is unpleasant in July.

I didn't realize DC had been 90+ the past 9 days. It can be so different being out of the UHI this time of year. Ofc if we get an upper ridge axis overhead and surface HP off the coast, then the whole region will be pretty toasty.

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’d think some would be interested to know if it is substantially lower than on July 5th after all the sulphur. Though I think they’ve shown that fireworks don’t make it rain.

Maybe the time of year is more important?  It just seems like it storms every 4th of July (before fireworks).

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

87 currently. Looks like  the one-day 90+ run here will end.

Tomorrow looks to be the start of a better streak here. 

No end in sight for 90s+ starting tomorrow unless something changes and it also looks pretty dry too. We do heat very well in summer now that the climate change continues to accelerate.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

No end in sight for 90s+ starting tomorrow unless something changes and it also looks pretty dry too. We do heat very well in summer now that the climate change continues to accelerate.

Yeah the next week or so looks dry outside of some isolated/very scattered stuff, and plenty of 90-95. Its inevitable here. I wouldn't mind the heat so much if it wouldn't always go bone dry during the hottest period of the summer.

Reading the Mount Holly AFD, looks like 4-5 days of low 90s, then depending on how things evolve towards next weekend with potential impacts from the southern low, temps may drop back to the mid to upper 80s. Much to be resolved with how that plays out, however. Pretty big differences between the Euro and the GFS. Shocking.

Got right at 1 inch northern Waynesboro...much needed.. sort of uncommon for us to get that much rain from a single convective shower or storm... Huge difference just on the east side of the mts where I lived for my first 30 yrs , been keeping precip records since I was 12.. much much wetter on avg just to the east of the mts , mostly from the huge difference in the summer storms..

• Like 1

00z GFS trying to show some kind of cool down starting early next week... highs back in the low to mid 80s for a few days before the heat returns and the humidity along with it

00z GGEM would be really nice for Thursday and Friday... 70s to around 80... then brings in some cool air again next week Monday-Tuesday... highs in 60s and 70s

• Like 1

Things have shifted noticeably wetter in the 14-day period overnight. Temps look to be about the same with low-mid 90s and very high humidity, with chances for widespread thunderstorms next weekend. There is chances for isolated-scattered thunderstorms most of this week, however I expect it to be mainly dry.

There could be some strong wind gusts and heavy rain with any thunderstorm that forms in the I-95 corridor from DC-Philly. SBCAPE values already over 3,000 J/kg and it's not even 9 AM yet here. DCAPE over 1,000 J/kg as well will support healthy downdrafts. Isolated-scattered convection until the loss of daytime heating commences. Highs in the low-mid 90s for most of the area today with dews in the lower 70s will support heat indexes around 100F.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Pity meso out. Why they even bothered putting it out idek.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/md/md1107.html

91/73 out.

Cells will be very isolated, but given the impressive CAPE values and decent shear, they may go briefly severe, with a strong downdraft or 2, and possible damaging winds. That's why!

One thing is guaranteed- my yard wont see anything- least of all, rain.

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Cells will be very isolated, but given the impressive CAPE values and decent shear, they may go briefly severe, with a strong downdraft or 2, and possible damaging winds. That's why!

One thing is guaranteed- my yard wont see anything- least of all, rain.

Gonna have to start slant sticking rain soon 

28 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

This is the worst of weather. We now enter the worst two months of the year. C’mon on back cutoff lows. Anything is better.

LOL

I said this several times when most people were moaning about it. :raining:

I would take that shiit all summer.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic