Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2020

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic

Less than a tenth with the morning showers. Back in the usual mid summer rain rut, with the trees in full transpiration mode, starving the grass.

Running the sprinkler is pretty futile this time of year as it is impossible to get a good soaking of the soil when its this dry. Over seeding/reseeding will commence in about a month. :whistle:

1 hour ago, BlizzardNole said:

I did not hear a thing either.  Is there a way to look back at radar for several hours?

Radarscope archives for 30 days on Pro tier 2.

I got a lightning alert around 0340 and was surprised and saw action well to our south.  Caught a few flashes on the tower PTZ, pretty meh TBH.  But soaking rain for those under them!

46 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Less than a tenth with the morning showers. Back in the usual mid summer rain rut, with the trees in full transpiration mode, starving the grass.

Running the sprinkler is pretty futile this time of year as it is impossible to get a good soaking of the soil when its this dry. Over seeding/reseeding will commence in about a month. :whistle:

You put up a good fight.

26 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

Radarscope archives for 30 days on Pro tier 2.

I got a lightning alert around 0340 and was surprised and saw action well to our south.  Caught a few flashes on the tower PTZ, pretty meh TBH.  But soaking rain for those under them!

I have RadarScope but do not have the pro tiers. If anyone has it can you just look and see what time my area got the rain? You don't have to post a photo just curious with the time frame. Location is under my name. 

4 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

I have RadarScope but do not have the pro tiers. If anyone has it can you just look and see what time my area got the rain? You don't have to post a photo just curious with the time frame. Location is under my name. 

Probably in the 1am hour. Radar image is from 5:33utc (1:33am edt). The downpours were moving SE.

7012020radar533utc.thumb.PNG.bcc09b84658dd3c3f18cad6477f983b1.PNG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

We went to OC last Friday and noticed all the dust being kicked up by farm equipment along Rt. 404.  I was surprised how dry things looked!  My location was just lucky with a soaking 7.8 inches in June.  It was very well spread out too, with no week letting less than 1.65.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

We went to OC last Friday and noticed all the dust being kicked up by farm equipment along Rt. 404.  I was surprised how dry things looked!  My location was just lucky with a soaking 7.8 inches in June.  It was very well spread out too, with no week letting less than 1.65.

Had a decent amount of rain here in June- I would have too look up the exact amount but it was right around 4". Most of it fell in the first couple weeks though, and it doesn't take long for it go dry this time of year.

Best storm I've seen in a couple years while in Severna Park. It was about 3 when I noticed it building to my NNE. It moved south along the bay breeze boundary. It was really cool (because my gardens weren't being affected) Lots of lightning strikes, hail, super heavy rain and wind. The hail was impressive. It blasted holes in some zucchini plants i saw. Glad it didn't hit my garden. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic