Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Banter 2020

George BM

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

lol

Message Date: Jul 29 2020 11:52:45

KDOX IS DOWN DUE TO A CORRUPT DISK DRIVE WHICH IS PREVENTING A SOFTWARE REBOOT. PARTS ARE ON ORDER BUT A RETURN TO SERVICE SCHEDULE IS UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME.

That should make things interesting if it’s not fixed by early next week lol

8 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

That should make things interesting if it’s not fixed by early next week lol

That thing goes down a lot more than it should. Usually something mechanical related directly to the radar. 

You mean they don't have a backup hard drive? Or how about a redundant system? Piss-poor IT they have there. :yikes:

6 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Thursday HH is sponsored by 'Double Your Citra' DIPA by Oliver Brewing.

I’m back on the drinking horse to some degree. Nothing today because of work but heading to the local craft beer bar for happy hour tomorrow for a couple. Letting all my high gravity stouts age until cooler weather :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m going to cut the lawn during HH, but I’ll join you with a very much under-rated Union Duckpin.

Ha I'm going to cut the (mostly weeds and brown grass) when the sun gets a bit lower. Figured I would enjoy a nice beer first.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, nj2va said:

^^they look brand new!

Yeah. They really do. And really quick. The better half did 10 sets sets this evening while I cut the lawn and swore at the trimmer that won’t start. I need to borrow an extension ladder from my neighbor to get the final three sets on the second floor that don’t have roof access. Amazingly, just by doing the shutters, the siding looks better!

38 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Yeah. They really do. And really quick. The better half did 10 sets sets this evening while I cut the lawn and swore at the trimmer that won’t start. I need to borrow an extension ladder from my neighbor to get the final three sets on the second floor that don’t have roof access. Amazingly, just by doing the shutters, the siding looks better!

I need to do this.  I counted 18 sets, so after the weather cools off.  How is the coverage with that spray ?

34 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

I need to do this.  I counted 18 sets, so after the weather cools off.  How is the coverage with that spray ?

We have 14 sets, though some of those shutters aren’t very long, and we will use five cans. I made a u-shaped template to put on the bottom half, then flip and do the top, but she ended up just using a single piece of cardboard, worked around the perimeter, and didn’t overspray al all.

I used Krylon and it’s about $9 a can, but I searched and Rustoleum makes a clear gloss for $4.  I’m not sure  if it’s uv resistant or not.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Serious question where do you go to the bathroom on your trip down? That is another concern for us. After having two kids the sizes of watermelons my bladder is not what it used to be. Heck even this morning while waiting in the car for my youngest daughters Ortho appt, which they do not allow parents in, I almost peed my pants. Got home and it was all I could do to make it into the bathroom. I was seriously so close to going in a cup in my car. The idea of an 11 hr car trip with no access to bathrooms is enough to keep me at home. :D

Just put on your mask and use the bathroom...

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic