Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Banter 2020

George BM

17 hours ago, H2O said:

Dishwasher. Check valve in the back is toast. They want $450 to replace. Eff that. Just will get a new one for about the same price 

Happened with our fridge last year like that. It was a leak in the condenser line for the freezer that had gone bad before under warranty. Went bad again and out of warranty. Cost to fix over 1k. Ah no got a new fridge for just a bit more than the repair. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

I greatly enjoy reading @Typhoon Tip's posts. Exceptionally detailed analysis. Every. Time.

All I need to figure out is how to translate his posts to English though. :lol:

I agree, T/T’s observations are always educational and in a way fanciful and entertaining. It helps me at times to reread them after omitting three letter words. As always .....

22 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

14yo Baltimore sports fan Mo Gaba passed away today.

F cancer and F u 2020

11 hours ago, mappy said:

that is really sad, he was a great inspiration. i hope he finds peace. 

Was sorry to hear about this...Man, something told me he wasn't gonna live long...And I figured that huge graduation parade they had for him was gonna be his last big thing...See, people like him make the impact they're supposed to make with their lives early...and then they depart. And looking at how many he inspired...he did just that. He's suffering no more...Rest in glory, Mo! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Was sorry to hear about this...Man, something told me he wasn't gonna live long...And I figured that huge graduation parade they had for him was gonna be his last big thing...See, people like him make the impact they're supposed to make with their lives early...and then they depart. And looking at how many he inspired...he did just that. He's suffering no more...Rest in glory, Mo! 

They just did a pregame special and a video of Mo was played. My girlfriend is bawling. I’m fighting it...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Watching the Os opener while enjoying a couple well deserved VR New Belgium Ipa's . :drunk:

Anybody see Alberto turn on that 96 mph high fastball and pull it just foul.  Reminded me of Paul Molitor type bat speed from years ago. Dude hit like .400 against lefty's last season .

He's the real deal at the dish. It's fun to watch...

What isn't fun is that the 'Bombers have picked up right where they left off last year. I've never seen a pitching staff give up gopher balls like we do against NY. 

41 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Front row seats will be here anyway.

By the way, for hockey fans, August is going to be like a mini NCAA tourney. Game after game all day.

Starting at noon each day and going  well after midnight.

Hockey fans delight.

• Like 3

BOE in Frederick today voted unanimously for 100% virtual learning for the first semester. There is talk about bringing in those students that have IEPs, ELL and at risk students in very small groupings so that they can have their accommodations met. Also fall sports will not happen.  None one wins in this but at the end of the day the right decision was made. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

We cancelled our trip to SC. MD issued a travel advisory plus Isaias.

We had a Myrtle trip planned in september that we cancelled. We were staying in a condo and just didn't want to spend every single day at the beach and not go do much else, just wasn't worth the money. hopefully next year we can all go on our vacations again

11 minutes ago, mappy said:

We had a Myrtle trip planned in september that we cancelled. We were staying in a condo and just didn't want to spend every single day at the beach and not go do much else, just wasn't worth the money. hopefully next year we can all go on our vacations again

Supposed to go to Florida in October. Obviously doesn’t look good right now but I have the advantage of being able to wait as my family has a time share down there so it’s not like a hotel booking or anything. Just watching and waiting. 

6 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Supposed to go to Florida in October. Obviously doesn’t look good right now but I have the advantage of being able to wait as my family has a time share down there so it’s not like a hotel booking or anything. Just watching and waiting. 

yeah thats nice. we just had to make a call before it got too close and we'd lose out on getting our money back. we really wanted to go, and had we been in a house to ourselves we may have still gone. but being in a condo building really put us on edge. just better to stay home and be safe, then go and have the worst happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

We had wanted to plan a trip to the N. GA mountains the beg of August. My IL's have a mountain house. So would be somewhat secluded. With the numbers going up in GA and me being immune compromised we decided to not chance it. IL's were disappointed but the decision had to be made. We will not be going anywhere anytime soon as all of my immediate and extended family live in GA and FL with one in OH. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

We had wanted to plan a trip to the N. GA mountains the beg of August. My IL's have a mountain house. So would be somewhat secluded. With the numbers going up in GA and me being immune compromised we decided to not chance it. IL's were disappointed but the decision had to be made. We will not be going anywhere anytime soon as all of my immediate and extended family live in GA and FL with one in OH. 

Yeah I hear ya. At this point I doubt we’ll be going in October but we have a couple more months to let things play out. But it’s hard to envision a scenario where things get much better heading into fall. 

1 hour ago, Mrs.J said:

We took our trip to OBX a few weeks ago and are still planning to go to Smoky Mountains in August, but we stay in our own house and don’t really have much indoor interaction with other people other than picking up take out from a restaurant.   If one of us was high risk, we would think differently.  

On 7/28/2020 at 7:07 PM, HighStakes said:

Dave did some work at my house last year. I was very happy with his price and workmanship. Highly recommend him.

will have the pleasure of meeting him next week when he comes out. :) 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

We took our trip to OBX a few weeks ago and are still planning to go to Smoky Mountains in August, but we stay in our own house and don’t really have much indoor interaction with other people other than picking up take out from a restaurant.   If one of us was high risk, we would think differently.  

Thats me when I go to the eastern shore.  The beach house is ours.  No one else and its remote.  The only risk we take is the grocery store and we mask up and get done.  Things have calmed down there too after the outbreaks in the poultry plants.

Planning to go back in Aug for a few days.  

43 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

Serious question where do you go to the bathroom on your trip down? That is another concern for us. After having two kids the sizes of watermelons my bladder is not what it used to be. Heck even this morning while waiting in the car for my youngest daughters Ortho appt, which they do not allow parents in, I almost peed my pants. Got home and it was all I could do to make it into the bathroom. I was seriously so close to going in a cup in my car. The idea of an 11 hr car trip with no access to bathrooms is enough to keep me at home. :D

2 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Serious question where do you go to the bathroom on your trip down? That is another concern for us. After having two kids the sizes of watermelons my bladder is not what it used to be. Heck even this morning while waiting in the car for my youngest daughters Ortho appt, which they do not allow parents in, I almost peed my pants. Got home and it was all I could do to make it into the bathroom. I was seriously so close to going in a cup in my car. The idea of an 11 hr car trip with no access to bathrooms is enough to keep me at home. :D

We stop at rest stops or places like Sheetz as necessary.  We put on our masks and go and then leave.  I understand that there is some risk involved but what can you do?  There isn’t much choice.  Again, if one of us were high risk the story would be different.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic