Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Banter 2020

George BM

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Can't stop, won't stop.

I still have my shirt from 2014. Giveaway the day after they clinched.  I picked the wrong game to go to. Didn't think they would clinch with Ubaldo on the rubber. Missed my chance of being pied by Adam Jones lol.

26 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

All because they didn't want to give him  a 4th year lol. Hindsight is 20/20 but that's really silly now.

I mean, they signed him at bargain price as a FA. They could have afforded to overpay/over extend. And yet, we have useless Chris Davis for life. lol,

Sadly, the Orioles are terribly run, an embarrassment to the rich tradition, and there is no excuse for it. They got really lucky when Buck was willing to take the managerial job. Outside of those 4-5 years, they have been a perennial loser since 1998, and there is literally no reason for it. The fans deserve better.

• Like 1

There's probably going to be a team that makes the playoffs that isn't deserving and wouldn't during a regular season. With only 60 games a hot streak could carry a team in.

And no I'm not saying that team is the O's.  I stand by My 14 - 46 guess lol

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I mean, they signed him at bargain price as a FA. They could have afforded to overpay/over extend. And yet, we have useless Chris Davis for life. lol,

Sadly, the Orioles are terribly run, an embarrassment to the rich tradition, and there is no excuse for it. They got really lucky when Buck was willing to take the managerial job. Outside of those 4-5 years, they have been a perennial loser since 1998, and there is literally no reason for it. The fans deserve better.

Your 100% right. They were lucky to get Buck

4 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

There's probably going to be a team that makes the playoffs that isn't deserving and wouldn't during a regular season. With only 60 games a hot streak could carry a team in.

And no I'm not saying that team is the O's.  I stand by My 14 - 46 guess lol

This could absolutely happen. Some mediocre team that has an early hot streak, while a legit good team struggles to get going and doesn't make it.(Yanks hopefully)

What was the Nats record after 60 games last season? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

You all talking about the Os and I’m just sitting here enjoying Nelson Cruz going 4-5 with two bombas and 7 rbi.  The dude is timeless.

Hurts everytime I hear about him still producing, lol Just one more dang year on the contract and we keep him, smh Ohhh papa Pete...so glad the sons are running things differently than dad, lol

3 hours ago, mappy said:

Os game tonight is cancelled, Marlins dealing with a covid-outbreak

Phillies game too.

Then there is the player who got permission to leave the NBA bubble for a funeral, stopped off at a strip club, and came back with COVID.

This wont end well, or should I say, it will end soon lol.

eta- he is in quarantine, not positive for covid(yet)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Phillies game too.

Then there is the player who got permission to leave the NBA bubble for a funeral, stopped off at a strip club, and came back with COVID.

This wont end well, or should I say, it will end soon lol.

eta- he is in quarantine, not positive for covid

Which player was this? Lolol

Was in Ocean City this past weekend. Definitely crowded and there’s certainly concern about people not being cautious enough to avoid catching and spreading Covid. We did all we could within reason-try to social distance ourselves, avoid the absolute busiest places and mask up and sanitize as much as possible but some people just don’t care. We had my 5 year old twin nephews with us and everybody just wanted to play with them and slap their hands when they dance to music and bands playing and what not. Sucks but it is what it is. Back home now and back to mainly staying in the house outside of work so hopefully didn’t snag the Rona over the weekend. 

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

Was in Ocean City this past weekend. Definitely crowded and there’s certainly concern about people not being cautious enough to avoid catching and spreading Covid. We did all we could within reason-try to social distance ourselves, avoid the absolute busiest places and mask up and sanitize as much as possible but some people just don’t care. We had my 5 year old twin nephews with us and everybody just wanted to play with them and slap their hands when they dance to music and bands playing and what not. Sucks but it is what it is. Back home now and back to mainly staying in the house outside of work so hopefully didn’t snag the Rona over the weekend. 

Not a bad idea to get tested.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

Was in north OC for the week. Wiped down everything in the condo and brought our own linens/pillows. Generally everyone kept to themselves. One huge group of 50-60 people in multiple condos that obviously didnt care. Drinking games, barfing on the beach, etc. Age range from 5-70. We stayed away from them and found a spot that wasn't too crowded and everyone kept their distance. We did carry out at restaurants that we scoped out prior to ordering and appeared to be trying their best to keep things clean and safe. Rode bikes up to Fenwick, lots of people on bunting ave. I took a test prior to going, took 7 days to get (negative) results.

The idiots that can't keep low key and isolated are ruining it for everyone.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

For anyone interested there a lot of places offering rapid tests now.  I got mine at Medstar urgent care in Wheaton and had the results in 15 minutes.  I also saw there is a saliva test now which is fast too. 

That's good information DCT.  I'm down here in Hampton Roads and no one has any idea where to go to get tested. Scheduling through their own doctor takes over a week. Resources are much greater furthet north obviously. 

57 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

Was in north OC for the week. Wiped down everything in the condo and brought our own linens/pillows. Generally everyone kept to themselves. One huge group of 50-60 people in multiple condos that obviously didnt care. Drinking games, barfing on the beach, etc. Age range from 5-70. We stayed away from them and found a spot that wasn't too crowded and everyone kept their distance. We did carry out at restaurants that we scoped out prior to ordering and appeared to be trying their best to keep things clean and safe. Rode bikes up to Fenwick, lots of people on bunting ave. I took a test prior to going, took 7 days to get (negative) results.

The idiots that can't keep low key and isolated are ruining it for everyone.

Yeah my parents live down the ocean, my girlfriend and I went down because it was my dads birthday, so no worries about where we stayed unless my parents or sister and her kids have the virus but don’t as far as we’re all aware. The restaurants we went to (Coconuts and De Lazy Lizard) certainly seemed to be doing their best to follow procedures but coconuts especially was pretty crowded so you can’t really control the people just standing around and trying to come up to other people etc. We had no problem social distancing on the beach for the most part even though it was especially crowded where we go (once again coconuts on 37th st). It is what it is, we did our best. If any of us come down with any symptoms we’ll do what we have to do. 

44 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I was in OC 2 weekends ago ..stayed on 82nd street . Never went to the boardwalk..I never do. We just went to the beach all day each day . Averaged about 25' from other families unbrellas on beach . Didnt use elevators- took the stairs.  Picked up curbside at  Restaurants each night. Everyone wore masks in outside waiting areas at restaurants and social distancing was easy actually.  WAWA  was same thing ...it was busy each morning but everyone wore masks and mostly stayed 4-6' in line .No idiots that I saw . There was a group of kids drinking each night on there balcony but they were 1 floor up offset 1 room so I could care less . They were jamming to my older  New Wave music occasionally which was funny coming from 18 yr kids lol. I feel no need to get a C test at all.

Why in God’s name don’t you have a 4wd pass on to assateague? Of all the rednecks on this board, I thought for sure that you’d have one!

Heading down for a couple days next week!

eta: I have some electrical work here that needs a pro if you want to make a few bucks and a lot of beer.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I was in OC 2 weekends ago ..stayed on 82nd street . Never went to the boardwalk..I never do. We just went to the beach all day each day . Averaged about 25' from other families unbrellas on beach . Didnt use elevators- took the stairs.  Picked up curbside at  Restaurants each night. Everyone wore masks in outside waiting areas at restaurants and social distancing was easy actually.  WAWA  was same thing ...it was busy each morning but everyone wore masks and mostly stayed 4-6' in line .No idiots that I saw . There was a group of kids drinking each night on there balcony but they were 1 floor up offset 1 room so I could care less . They were jamming to my older  New Wave music occasionally which was funny coming from 18 yr kids lol. I feel no need to get a C test at all.

Yeah I mean I think the only way I would have gotten it is if my nephews contracted it thru people conversing with them and then them giving it to me but:wacko2:. I think I’ll be fine but I’ll monitor for symptoms closely. 

10 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Why in God’s name don’t you have a 4wd pass on to assateague? Of all the rednecks on this board, I thought for sure that you’d have one!

Heading down for a couple days next week!

eta: I have some electrical work here that needs a pro if you want to make a few bucks and a lot of beer.

Yeah we need a new electrician too. Have never been able to find a decent one up here that we like enough to call back lol

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic