• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Banter 2020

George BM

Had to run to the store because wife forgot the pineapple for the kabobs. Guy in front of me has a “I stand for the flag:respect” shirt and his mask is over his chin. I said “glad you respect the flag now could you respect everyone in this store and put the mask over your face”. He responds “Stfu asshole” to which I replied...so you resoect the flag but not peoples health or freedom of speech”. He asks “what’s your problem asshole”. I finished “I’m just pointing out your own values here, if that upsets you maybe you should examine your actions”. Altercation ended with a “FU”. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Had to run to the store because wife forgot the pineapple for the kabobs. Guy in front of me has a “I stand for the flag:respect” shirt and his mask is over his chin. I said “glad you respect the flag now could you respect everyone in this store and put the mask over your face”. He responds “Stfu asshole” to which I replied...so you resoect the flag but not peoples health or freedom of speech”. He asks “what’s your problem asshole”. I finished “I’m just pointing out your own values here, if that upsets you maybe you should examine your actions”. Altercation ended with a “FU”. 

Hopefully you were able to keep your distance during the altercation, since this dude was not wearing his mask properly, and I am sure he wasn't talking softly lol. The spittle was flying, for sure. 

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Hopefully you were able to keep your distance during the altercation, since this dude was not wearing his mask properly, and I am sure he wasn't talking softly lol. The spittle was flying, for sure. 

He certainly wasn’t but we were about 8-10 feet apart so I’m probably ok. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, George BM said:

Is anyone else hearing some strange sounding thunder? Little quick pops/booms yet looking at the radar I see nothing of significance anywhere close by. Is anyone else hearing this?

I heard the sound too. Crazy booming sound every few seconds and what looks like giant sparks flying out in every direction from wherever the sound was coming from. Reminds me of fireworks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Same here. It was nuts.

Same around here.  With most of the municipal fireworks shows in NVA canceled it seems everyone decided to whoop it up at home.

Brought back memories of Diwali in India when I lived there.  My next door neighbor in Delhi was rich.  Had his own private fireworks stash delivered each year by truck.  Spent about $100K each year, which bought a LOT of fireworks in India in the early 90's.  He and his two sons lit off several gigantic rolls of firecrackers that strung a hundred yards or so on each side of our street.  They said one of the combined strings was 1,000,000 crackers.  Took a full 20 mins to fire off with the string burning from both ends.  Each individual cracker was like a Silver Salute, which is larger than a normal firecracker in the US and a little smaller than an M-80.  The sound was deafening and the smoke so thick the street was closed for an hour.  Have video of it somewhere on SVHS-C tape.  Need to get it digitized.   

Was something like this but each cracker was larger...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mappy said:

Dropped off our foster pup to her new family today, really bummed about it. :(

as sad as we are about having one less puppy -- there are positives. we all slept in. until 7. which is amazing given the last month they had us up by 5-6am most days. the one we adopted woke me at 6, fed him, took him out, then we curled back up in bed together and went back to sleep. it was amazing. 

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic