Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 29- July 3 Rains - Stalled ULL

moneypitmike

19 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Silly drought talk, 1" below normal for the year is NBD.

About 2.8" BN for the year, less whatever lands in the gauge between 7A and 9P today.  The 2.26" storm total thru this AM is almost 3.5 times more than what fell (0.65") in the previous 6 weeks.  Head of Maine USGS stated last Thursday that while much of the state had moderate drought, water tables remained in the normal range, albeit near the low end of that range.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

It stinks with two ppl working as well. Kids drive me nuts. Get the warm weather back and get them the eff outside. 

As one of my college professors would say (usually in a driving rain storm), "There's no such thing as inclement weather, just improper clothing."  I also recently read a book about Scandinavian views on kids and going outdoors, title was "There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing."  (Not by a college prof. :lol:)

2 minutes ago, tamarack said:

As one of my college professors would say (usually in a driving rain storm), "There's no such thing as inclement weather, just improper clothing."  I also recently read a book about Scandinavian views on kids and going outdoors, title was "There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing."  (Not by a college prof. :lol:)

Something about being wet though, LOL. It's certainly not "bad" with 1/4SM S+

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, tamarack said:

My motto has always been, You dress for the occasion, If you didn't pack it, You can't put it on if needed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Anything over 65F probably works for the “high” range up here given climatology.  I personally prefer 50s all summer, but I also have a high diurnal range fetish so if I could do 50F min, 90F max with low humidity all summer I would.

Try Flagstaff?  That's close to their July average and they get almost 100" snow.  Pack retention probably stinks, however.

Just now, Chrisrotary12 said:

What a boring system this is.

what a boring summer...this is complete utter B.S. Big fooking deal...one event with a nice swath of wind damage...you know that one event that had that RIDICULOUS enhanced risk across CT which prompted that RIDICULOUS tornado watch into CT...that was a totally uncalled for watch...oh yeah...then when the shitty fooking line came through it prompted stupid warnings. Warnings for a fooking line of heavy rain with a few flashes and booms. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

what a boring summer...this is complete utter B.S. Big fooking deal...one event with a nice swath of wind damage...you know that one event that had that RIDICULOUS enhanced risk across CT which prompted that RIDICULOUS tornado watch into CT...that was a totally uncalled for watch...oh yeah...then when the shitty fooking line came through it prompted stupid warnings. Warnings for a fooking line of heavy rain with a few flashes and booms. 

Boring summer is our climo. All we do is debate dews and coc. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Boring summer is our climo. All we do is debate dews and coc. 

This cut off was probably the most “interesting” thing to happen meteorologically this summer, ha.  

We even have a different thread for it, that’s saying a lot in the summer.

Just now, powderfreak said:

This cut off was probably the most “interesting” thing to happen meteorologically this summer, ha.  

We even have a different thread for it, that’s saying a lot in the summer.

We had a pretty active two days as well. Wiz needs to go back serving hotdogs as an EF-3 passes 10 miles north.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

COVID FTL.

I’m totally joking, too.  Know you love your kids and I know I would if my wife and I go down that path soon.  Unfortunately COVID is probably rolling that back a couple years.  Don't know if now is the time to jump into parenting with so many longer term unknowns.

33 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Welcome to SNE where every shower with detected lightning gets severe warned.  Just like the tropical atlantic where every convective swirl gets a name.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

That's different. 

day camps 

parents at their wits end were waiting on line for the sign up date of summer camps and when they got the green light they filled in a flash across all towns 

If people haven’t been stuck inside with multiple children for months on end they may not  understand 

the amount of unhealthy stress being boozed or “ edible’ized”by parents is at an all time high , add to that financial stress , and a lot of good folks are in trying times 

• Weenie 1

34 minutes ago, dryslot said:

If your waiting around for a good time to have kids, I guess you don't want any.

Ha touché.  I do think certain times are better than others, then again our generations haven’t done it during this type of uncertainty.

Many folks have told me if you wait until you feel financially secured to have a kid you’ll never have one.