Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2020 General Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

Really no Rush to Judgement here in CI so far today:

77*(67%RH) here at 6am, scattered clouds.     Just 79* by 9am.        83* by 10am.        87* by 11am.        88*(46%RH) at Noon.       Actually down to 86* at 1pm.      87*(53%RH) at 2pm.          91*(41%RH) by 4pm.         92*(46%RH) at 5pm.

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

LI can get exceptionally hot on the right winds.

CPK needs a couple more dry days, to dry out the vegetation. It doesn’t feel that hot yet on the UWS

yeah CPK got nearly 1.5" rain from a downpour few days ago. Without a lot of sun or air flow getting there it takes a while to dry out.  Meanwhile I got just a few light showers that dried up right away. Anyway, I've found that I often feel hottest outside of Manhattan in general. All the tall buildings cast so much shade, at least south of 96th, midtown etc. Very urban but low rise areas in the other boros feel the worst to me, some streets are just baking with little shade to be found for blocks on end. The million+ new trees planted from the Bloomberg era to now may help, but they tend to be shorter cherry blossoms type trees, at least around here. They look nice but don't give much shade.  I wonder if that many additional trees over the years is enough to have an appreciable effect on humidity in the city. I do know there are a lot more and wider variety of birds than in the past.

another 90 here, 93/64

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Not even close to triple digits today and likely for the rest of summer. 

Pattern moving forward will feature troughiness in the Midwest and warm/wet conditions for us. This could even limit 90s as we head into August. 

One heck of a hot July though.   Many stations are close to +3.5 to +4.0

6 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Pattern moving forward will feature troughiness in the Midwest and warm/wet conditions for us. This could even limit 90s as we head into August. 

Were you one of the ones calling for a cool July? I think I remember that. There were several of those this year. 

6 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Yea, this is high end stuff for us. My high last summer was 99, doubt we get there, but 97 seems possible.

My highest temp last summer was 98 (twice), in 2018 it was 99. On all three days the temperature was 96 at this time, same thing today and with much lower humidity.

I’m thinking we hit 97-98.

34 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

we have a trough nearby this week and it's still going to be above average