Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

I don't know, Brian ...

still looks to me like the Euro trough axis ( 500 mb isohypsotic layout) remains west ... 

The 12z NAM is really not very cfropa convincing now through 60 hours...  Has ALB with SW BL flow, and hypsometric values at or exceeding 570 DAM at 60 hours... with 27 C in the T1 late Wednesday does not in total hearken to the front really getting through. 

Looks like a hang-up job to me.  

I'm only saying because we could be setting up for some convection ... TCU as this p.o.s. con-job heat wave collapses into theta-e pooling

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't know, Brian ...

still looks to me like the Euro trough axis ( 500 mb isohypsotic layout) remains west ... 

The 12z NAM is really not very cfropa convincing now through 60 hours...  Has ALB with SW BL flow, and hypsometric values at or exceeding 570 DAM at 60 hours... with 27 C in the T1 late Wednesday does not in total hearken to the front really getting through. 

Looks like a hang-up job to me.  

I'm only saying because we could be setting up for some convection ... TCU as this p.o.s. con-job heat wave collapses into theta-e pooling

There's a front going through on the 12z NAM, but it's pretty weak. More of a weak moisture boundary than any temp difference. Probably more near 90F temps for SNE Wed since there's little CAA and the drier W flow let's us heat up a bit more. Then it has the dews advecting right back in later on Wednesday. So yeah, maybe it ends up hanging up even more somewhere near the south coast.

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

There's a front going through on the 12z NAM, but it's pretty weak. More of a weak moisture boundary than any temp difference. Probably more near 90F temps for SNE Wed since there's little CAA and the drier W flow let's us heat up a bit more. Then it has the dews advecting right back in later on Wednesday. So yeah, maybe it ends up hanging up even more somewhere near the south coast.

actually frontalysis is an option too... 

I just want strobe lightning -haha