Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

21 hours ago, weathafella said:

Honestly the vibe I’m feeling is typical summer in SNE.  NNE it is extraordinary though.

In more ways than one... considering that going above normal is the new norm in itself.

There's a kind of cultural adaptation/acclimation going on with folks, because we are +1 to +3 since June 1...  Logon is 0 for July ( 14 days worth is a pretty remarkable achievement idiosyncratically, actually...) but otherwise, we gather a "typical" impression from above normal.  A true 0.0 month would be bitching about cold anomalies - heh... interesting. 

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

In more ways than one... considering that going above normal is the new norm in itself.

There's a kind of cultural adaptation/acclimation going on with folks, because we are +1 to +3 since June 1...  Logon is 0 for July ( 14 days worth is a pretty remarkable achievement idiosyncratically, actually...) but otherwise, we gather a "typical" impression from above normal.  A true 0.0 month would be bitching about cold anomalies - heh... interesting. 

Logan is not representative . Everywhere else is AN to MAN

10 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I need to retire and get back to Pit2.  Enough of heat and humidity.

Highs for the rest of the week:

70  Wed

67  Thur

66  Fri

79  Sat

Channeling my inner-Scooter.... those sound like ideal temperatures to have at a beach house.  "Just steps away from the ocean, the beach house is a perfect place to escape to in the summer.  Not for the swimming, but because you can wear a shawl on the porch at 2pm in the afternoon and be comfortable."

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Channeling my inner-Scooter.... those sound like ideal temperatures to have at a beach house.  "Just steps away from the ocean, the beach house is a perfect place to escape to in the summer.  Not for the swimming, but because you can wear a shawl on the porch at 2pm in the afternoon and be comfortable."

Yeah we take temps much warmer at the beach/lake etc. We toss otherwise. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah we take temps much warmer at the beach/lake etc. We toss otherwise. 

Highs in the 60s at the beach with patchy fog is the equivalent of 40s and rain showers in a ski town in January. 

I'd think you'd want big heat and humidity living a stone's throw from the ocean.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Highs in the 60s at the beach with patchy fog is the equivalent of 40s and rain showers in a ski town in January. 

I'd think you'd want big heat and humidity living a stone's throw from the ocean.

Funny story. About 10 years ago I went down to Marshfield heading for a day at the beach. We got there and it was one of those days where it was an extremely humid day. Winds went light onshore and this very shallow marine layer moved in. Maybe 100-200’ thick. Pea soup fog as the sun still shines through. I heard this mother who sounded like an extra on the set of The Departed say..” I came all the way down here for this ****ing shit?” :lol:   I was dying. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Chamber music this week.

Looks good this week for sure.  This evening turned Chamber worthy.  After the rain stopped, I took the dog up for a walk on the hill.  The sky cleared so fast after the rain, except for the low level moisture.  I love this time of year, when you can start a hike at 6:30pm and have plenty of daylight when you get down at 8:30pm.  This was somewhere in the middle.

60s and a decent breeze up here crossing the Sensation Quad liftline.

2L8A6087_edited-2-1.jpg

• Like 3