Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Low Levels sure. Overall upper air is from west. Not really a door . But it will keep it in the low - mid 80’s with dews 60-65 for a day or two agree 

How is that not a door? And I'd be surprised if the STEM doesn't have a day below the 80s.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Low Levels sure. Overall upper air is from west. Not really a door . But it will keep it in the low - mid 80’s with dews 60-65 for a day or two agree 

The only time the upper air winds are out of the east is like a massive bomb with big U-Wind anomalies.  Otherwise, flow is always some sort of westerly component.

Im not sure your post makes sense.  Low level easterly flow is what a door is.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

How is that not a door? And I'd be surprised if the STEM doesn't have a day below the 80s.

Isn’t the cold front moving NW to SE? Doors typically move NE to Sw right? 
I’m sure Wednesday may stay under 80, but as GYX noted on morning AFD there’s not much cool air to the NE. More importantly I don’t see dews falling below 60 in SNE. Do you? 

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

And yeah the GFS and EC aren't as cool...we'll see if they trend cooler at 12z or if the nam is just its usual synoptically challenged self.

At any rate this week we lose the mank and that's all that matters.  Sunny and 80s with low dews is summer at its finest.  We take before we bake. Or we wake and bake 

Looks refreshing here:

Tuesday
A chance of showers between 8am and 10am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Tuesday Night
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. North wind around 5 mph.
Wednesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 74. North wind around 5 mph.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 58.
Thursday
Partly sunny, with a high near 75.
Thursday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 62.
Friday
A 30 percent chance of showers after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78.
Friday Night
A 30 percent chance of showers before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64.

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah GFS is meh on heat the rest of the work week...especially for ENE. Over the top shot of heat first into NNE on Saturday and then days and days of torch for all. Of course it's pushed back to d7+ again though. :lol:

Shitty year thus far for those that are looking for consistent 90+ for days on end

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

At any rate this week we lose the mank and that's all that matters.  Sunny and 80s with low dews is summer at its finest.  We take before we bake. Or we wake and bake 

I would argue mank has to have overcast.  We had sun but very humid until yesterday when it was warmer and drier.

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Too early.

I saw a Mike  Ventrice Tweet 3 days ago about watching the tropics the next two weeks for a surge in African monsoon that should keep eyes focused on MDR for development based but I certainly didn’t see that being the majority opinion when I looked to see if the tropics were looking like they would “heat up “ in that time frame .

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

And that's not all we're losing.  We've lost 20 minutes of daylight and are now losing about 1.5 minutes/day.  That'll accelerate to losing over 2 minutes/day by months end.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 2