Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I think we 95+ next weekend and beyond.

Let’s get a heat signal inside of 5 days...it’s  amazing how often the euro spits out 22-24C at 850 in the D7-10 range and then lose it once closer. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We usually have a few 52-58F onshore-flow ratters in June that never materialized this year. Just consistent 70s and 80s. Late June and July has been very muggy with the high mins. 

ORH is always a good gauge of the air masses since they don’t radiate. They haven’t had a low below 60F since mid June. 

We tried to tell em’

32 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

For me it’s been a dream. Maximized dews for weeks with none below 60 since sometime in June . And that looks to continue unabated 

Yeah it hasn’t felt humid up this way before this week.  We’ve done the big heat but drier.  A win for all I guess, ha.  

I’d much rather the 92/56 stuff over the 80s/70s this week has wanted to be.  

4 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Special one. On track to beat out 99....

network_CT_ASOS__station_HVN__season_jul__varname_dwpf__year_1893__dpi_200___cb_1.png

There’s bad data in there. Plus that’s avg dewpoint. Toss anything between 81 and 02 there.

BDL is 5th right now, but will probably move up to 3rd after today behind 94 and 13.

image.png

4 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

What's up with the mid 80's-2000? Did the ASOS just have a broken sensor for a decade and a half?

I don’t think the manned observer reported dewpoint. I’d have to look back at old obs, but based on everything being near 32F I assume most obs came in with a missing dew and the plotter is seeing it as 0C aka 32F. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This may go down asTop 3 Perhaps Top ever .Time will tell . So far though.. writing seems to be on the wall 

We will judge based on hours of 70+ dews. I don’t like the avg ones for this because periods of COC decades ago brought down the means. A month of dews in the 60s ranks very high, but isn’t necessarily too impressive because of no COC.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Their max so far is 94 on 6/22 and 7/10

That’s actually impressive thats *only* the maxes, ha.  But yeah hasn’t had the high heat down there that we have had up north. 

Even today, BDL hit 90F, Tolland Stem lower than Kev and more wide open only did 85F.... Under the oak trees was probably like 82-83F.  Summer time is probably like -7 on the BDL temp but +7 on the BDL dew there.

24 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We will judge based on hours of 70+ dews. I don’t like the avg ones for this because periods of COC decades ago brought down the means. A month of dews in the 60s ranks very high, but isn’t necessarily too impressive because of no COC.

Do you have a link for hours of 70+ dews? I'm on the shoreline and it's been endless 70+ dews here.