• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Anyone experience a bright flash about 11:10 PM? Any reports of meteorites? Lit everything up as I was driving home. No storms in the area. Just lots of low clouds and some drizzle. And no I wasn’t drinking.

I saw it too. Looked at the radar and it was completely empty. I’m over in southeast NH. Was off to the west

50 minutes ago, tamarack said:

We snuck up to within 5.5" of our average, thanks to 22" post-equinox, including the season's 2 biggest storms.

Near 70 this AM, very mild for here.  Only 7/19/2005 has recorded a 70+ minimum.  The day before was 69, also 9/8/99.  Nothing else above 68, and today's minimum will probably be about there.  Pleasant atm with a breeze but a high launch point for this afternoon.

We got down to 68 last night here, Its going to be a warm one, The dews are already at 69, Looks like a pool day on tap.

54 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Tues Wed. Thursday Friday the Euro has highs in the 70s here. Lows in the upper 50s Wed and Thursday before the reheat. Nice dew down this afternoon. Bluebird day. Get your tan on

Sell sell sell and sell of lows in 50’s and highs in 70’s 4 days straight. Euro has been horrendous. Maybe the coast has a day near 80 Wednesday with SE flow but inland take the way way over 

42 minutes ago, Dan said:

I saw it too. Looked at the radar and it was completely empty. I’m over in southeast NH. Was off to the west

I went back and reviewed my webcam that has an unlimited view to the south through westsouthwest.  There was a flash at 1109:30pm.   It looked like distance lightning from my vantage point in Central NH

• Like 1

I went back and reviewed my webcam that has an unlimited view to the south through westsouthwest.  There was a flash at 1109:30pm.   It looked like distance lightning from my vantage point in Central NH

There was a boom with it as well. Took a while to reach. I saw no other flashes but that one. Maybe there was a rogue lightning. Only storms at the time were in far western NH and southern Vermont, I believe

9 hours ago, FRWEATHA said:

Anyone experience a bright flash about 11:10 PM? Any reports of meteorites? Lit everything up as I was driving home. No storms in the area. Just lots of low clouds and some drizzle. And no I wasn’t drinking.

Yes, we were driving up I-91 N.  I just assumed it was lightning but it was bright. 

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Remember you are talking BDL, be careful haha.  These aren’t dews, so won’t be measured at the Davis.

Lol yeah. It’ll be like 78-79 at Tolland and BDL tarmac will put up an 86 and he will go “AWT...upper 80s” 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1