Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

57 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Pattern looks pretty active next week.  Monday and Tuesday definitely have potential. The OP GGEM post hour 120 was MCS/derecho city.

Holding onto hope this look stays. It's been consistent for several days now. I'm torn between Monday and Tuesday though...I think the overall best s/w and upper-level support is Tuesday but Monday's looks is very good...perhaps we're still close enough to the main s/w that we can cash in. 

19 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

90F at TAN today.  Only 3rd day where it’s hit 90F this season.  Pretty subdued to have only hit 90F and nothing hotter.

sneaky brutal N of the Pike ...  we have 86 to 89 at all home stations networked into Wunder that are within 5 clicks of mi casa and they all have DPs 75 to 79F !  

it's not a trivial HI, no - 

To install- or not to install, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The sweats and mold of outrageous dews,
Or to take arms against a sea of humidity
And by opposing end it. To pass out from heat—to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to: 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To pass out, to sleep;
To sleep, perchance to lie sweating on the sheets—ay, there's the rub:
For in that sleep of dews what dreams may come,
When we have sweated off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause—there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life.
For who would bear the chafing and stink of dews,
Th'oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of dispritz'd love, the AC's delay,
The insolence of central air, and the spurns
That patient merit of th'unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? Who would window unit bear,
To grunt and lift  from the basement for a weary wife,
But that the dread of something after FROPA,
The undiscovere'd country, from whose frosty air
No traveller returns without 14 day quarantine, puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus sore back does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of heat exhaustion,
And enterprises of great pitch and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry
And lose the name of action.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Gotta say the Maine beach experience has got to be the most over valued destinations based on just how often they experience foggy awful weather..in comparison to S coastal beaches and their water is ice cold . I Imagine only folks w like a beach house “in the family” or grew up in that area and never enjoyed sunny beaches would rave about such a destination or book there ahead of time ? 

14 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Gotta say the Maine beach experience has got to be the most over valued destinations based on just how often they experience foggy awful weather..in comparison to S coastal beaches and their water is ice cold . I Imagine only folks w like a beach house “in the family” or grew up in that area and never enjoyed sunny beaches would rave about such a destination or book there ahead of time ? 

I prefer the lakes, but there's something to be said for the beaches if you're trying to escape the heat (which is likely how those old family homes originated).

16 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Because a foggy day in Maine is better than a sunny day anywhere else

:)

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I prefer the lakes, but there's something to be said for the beaches if you're trying to escape the heat (which is likely how those old family homes originated).

I've been to Ogunquit, and the water was not bad at all. Warm day as well. The key to any east facing beach like in Maine or even in MA.....a light seabreeze. That way the warmer water stays near the shore and temps are still near 80 or above. 

42 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I think it's just your experience. Popham Beach and Reid State Park are gorgeous.