Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

44 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Im almost in Woodstock in the outskirts, I can throw a rock and hit Woodstock so not in the center of town.  Might have been that UCONN student, I got a good look at the guy and I swear it was him. He was in Kevins town and in Thompson so he was working his way up here before going back to Penn.

Storms yesterday looked ominous but we got 9 in and they dissipated anyway. 

Ahh, gotcha.  I was picturing like downtown Southbridge or over by Big Y ha.  But if you are at 715ft that makes more sense... it goes country real fast up on Lebanon Hill.

85/70... A/C time for sure.  

Thats about as gross a reading you’ll get from MVL but it’ll probably get worse.  Hard to keep high dews from trying to mix out in a mountain valley air field up here, but with the dense fog this morning there’s plenty of low level moisture.

88 to 90 / 70 to 75 here in interior SNE is enough -

heat adv criteria ...probably could/shoulda been expanded but whatever .. .in "or around" definition should suffice. 

but wow, ... ASOS DPs are 70 to 75 ... who paid 'em off to admit that -

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

It’s amazing the a few miles from Boston I leave my doors unlocked while you in the country have break ins.   What’s going on there?

hot and humid today!

interesting parsing effort for that statement ... buut, the cultural relativity from ethos to ethos in this country is a funny comparison exercise. 

I lived from my unfortunate exposure to this world through 14 years of age in the Battle Creek -Kalamazoo, mid-way Burger King rest-stop between Chicago and Detroit's marvelous blight trades. Back whence, southern lower Michigan pathos was achieved by exited failed mid 20th Century industrial islets amid a sea of otherwise cow-shit and corn-stalks as far as the eye could see.  It's changed ... ing, in the last 20 years... with farm-lands recovered and converted into single-story mall complexes and a lot of triglyceride restaurants that skirt college arty wannabes ...but at least they're trying. 

Back in the day... you bolted your car with a double fractal encryption encoded locking systems that God couldn't get into if it meant saving the Cosmos if you dared run into the corner store for a bottle of "pop" - as they called sodas there.  Houses?  Forget it... you posted Ninjas with light sabers.

My family moved to Rockport Massachusetts early in the summer of '84.  No one locked anything.  I thought that was the weirdest thing I'd ever heard of...  At a friend's house, we leave, "Aren't you gonna lock the door?" furled confusion in the face.  He looks at me like I just arrived from planet Zarcon and so it's understandable that I don't know the ways of the human species, "Noooo ...why would anyone do that?"  

Man I'd gladly take the May heat when it was like 93-95F but with low dews over this 88/69 stuff.  Even the shade doesn't offer much relief in this air mass.

This is the classic upper 80s and humid New England air mass.  Not impressive highs but certainly more than high enough.

At least the Euro dumped the BDF next week....but it squashed the heat dome even more...now it just clips SNE with +20ish for a day or so. At least we get much better thunderstorm potential on that look. 

• Like 3

yeah...no dependability with that heat signal -

hard to say if that's just typical day 7+ follies, though obviously there is some of that in that sort of time range...  but this has been the seasonal tempo this year, to consummately put up those big warm signals and then watch the models cleverly dismantle them... 

watch us end up with a shot across the bow autumnal trough - in july no less..hahaha.  kidding but it seems continentally there is too much heat forcing out around 110 west to expect ridging east ...something like that... 

not surprised the Euro backed away from the bd though...it's done that, too, whenever the residual trough tries to move/fill NE and smear out it sees a 12 hour wind of mass in GOM and can't resist the geophysical feed-back in creating those. thing is, ...that's how they happen...so it's hard to 2nd guess - 

the 00z probably ridge bulges back some .. who knows how much. but we've been sloshing at large scales 00z's being warmer, for several days now.

1 hour ago, Bostonseminole said:

i did not know you where in that group.. 4 amigos then

Dew

DIT

Coastal

Fella

Scoot will be cryin’ for his momma after another couple days of this. He just has anni plans this weekend. It’s my anni too, but I’m cheering on rain. :devilsmiley:

Managed to get 90 for a high here.  Down to 88/71 now.  I did a quick mowing of the front lawn at 1:30 (house hit the market today).  Was drenching sweat.  Had to take a shower before my next zoom meeting.

Heading up to Pit2 for the next few days.  Looks like I'll miss the rains.  I'll enjoy my 70's in any case.

33 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

AWT.. The door is shut. No surprise to most 

In fact, the CPC has the Northeast in a
moderate risk for excessive heat from Thursday onwards with the
NAEFS Situational Awareness Table showing temperatures in the
90th percentile from 700 to 1000mb.

They may be on the verge of significantly adjusting that threat assessment to a 'nah, never mind' status -

Looks like the opus in summer fake-outs by the models just made everyone a fool -

EPS punching the Pac jet across the N-Tier like that will ablate the ridge pancake meaningless with strafing MCS that probably even end up turning right before the get here.  We get a nothing ... for ever -

It's called the wah wah waahhhhhh pattern for summer enthusiast. Otherwise known as 'New England'

• Like 2