Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, moneypitmike said:

Congrats Dendrite.

I'm actually more concerned/excited for the Mohawk Trail/Rt Poop corridor down in N. Mass/S. VT and NH because typically around here, we right turn and start pac-manning cells toward the richer CAPE early.....

But this is also got that mountain lift thing up that way too...so synoptic metrics combining might offset that effect too -

Operational GFS slightly more robust with D8 heights ... 

I'm surprised this particular model manages to get to D9 without carving a NW flow and grinding heights backward on this run...  This model is seemingly parameterized to circular sander ridges into buttes... but, this is the 4th consecutive run where if anything, that is less evident.  Hmm...  By day 10 we see that beginning but... that far out the model's likely losing the foreground signal in low of the base-line perennial circulation that doesn't want 594 height isohypses hanging around from BUF to BOS to put it nicely.... 

That's a definite and bono fide heat wave there, D7 entry into D10 ... by hydrostatic scaffolding alone... 

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Coming right at me.

Hey Bob... 

...let me know when y'all think it is worth it and I'll pull that post from earlier and create a thread for that heat - I mean ...perhaps too early today. 

12z operational GFS went alarming... It's alarming because this run does not very readily transport thermal ridging polarward as a base-line bias, yet it's D9 overcomes.  is literally dangerous from Chicago to Boston, with 22 to 25C 850 mb in rare trajectory for multiple diurnal cycles... and unless there is some impossible to determine MCS modulators that's going to be a delicious soup of pandemic, dangerously high heat indices and brain amoeba tick bites...

In fact, we could start that thread and put a bold disclaimer that it is experimental and should not be deemed a forecast at this time but something watch in future guidance...

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Hey Bob... 

...let me know when y'all think it is worth it and I'll pull that post from earlier and create a thread for that heat - I mean ...perhaps too early today. 

12z operational GFS went alarming... It's alarming because this run does not very readily transport thermal ridging polarward as a base-line bias, yet it's D9 overcomes.  is literally dangerous from Chicago to Boston, with 22 to 25C 850 mb in rare trajectory for multiple diurnal cycles... and unless there is some impossible to determine MCS modulators that's going to be a delicious soup of pandemic, dangerously high heat indices and brain amoeba tick bites...

In fact, we could start that thread and put a bold disclaimer that it is experimental and should not be deemed a forecast at this time but something watch in future guidance...

I haven’t paid much attention to the projected heat but if we are within 5 days or so, I’m fine have a thread dedicated to that.

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

May scoot off just to the north of me.  We’ve been hearing the thunder from it for about an hour now.  Looks like Lovell, Sweden and Waterford are in for it.

Yeah, Have friends at Keoka, They are in line with that.