Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

74/57

Looking on the south horizon I see those towers going up in CT and can even see the cirrus outline of the storms down towards NYC.

Later this week that SE low moves up towards New England and merges with a low north of the Great Lakes.  I was noticing that as the storm moves up the Saint Lawrence River area as it deepens down to 995mb (29.38) on the 18Z GFS.  For a July low pressure system that is not tropical that seems quite low.  Anyone know how unusual that is for this time of year?   Whatever happens looks like a tropical airmass for New England.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

People want rain? Even with not getting a whole lot I have shrooms in yard. Congrats on red thread. Let’s get sun and 95.

Yea odd to be celebrating rain after 5 straight days of it last week.I will take my low dews and gorgeous evening at the deck fire pit instead

Virtually identical at TAN and IZG now.  70/61 and 70/63.  Great evening here.  Warm inside but we have the fans going to keep it cooler.  Haven’t spent too much time in the woodsy areas but I’ve noticed the deer flies and mosquitos out when I’ve taken the dog out.