Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

23 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Did I miss something? I know there was some drama....but deleting it is extreme and unnecessary and now I have one less thread to distract myself from the things I should be doing instead 

good riddance, that was becoming nearly as toxic as the 'rona itself

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

What would it take to get some of those storms down in Philly right now to develop right over Fairfield County? Lol, they must be dumping a ton of rainfall...just broke 90 here, yesterday was 91, almost an official heatwave, would be the first of the year.

50 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Surf....reliable on jersey shore growing up....maybe some beaches in New England but jersey followed by California spoiled me...

NJ has some good spots for sure. LI too but when it's a 5 minute drive or a hitchhike down the road not much need to travel for me. You would not believe how many times I hitchhiked with a surfboard between 13 and 15 years old. No problem getting rides either. I finally found a place to store my board at the beach in exchange for some yard work, painting.  Free lunches and iced tea in between sessions were a plus. Different world back then.

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Went to beach both days. Saturday sun broke out around 8:30. Sun cloud mix till noon. Then clouded up and then cleared totally around 2;30-3:00. 
Yesterday the sun mixed with clouds from noon on. FMH is totally different than the rest of the Cape . I’m sure yo know this. A NE wind is a land breeze

Your experience was similar to ours earlier in the week.  
Falmouth is actually one of my favorite parts of the Cape for a number of reasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

NJ has some good spots for sure. LI too but when it's a 5 minute drive or a hitchhike down the road not much need to travel for me. You would not believe how many times I hitchhiked with a surfboard between 13 and 15 years old. No problem getting rides either. I finally found a place to store my board at the beach in exchange for some yard work, painting.  Free lunches and iced tea in between sessions were a plus. Different world back then.

I don't even think the world was more safe back then, it's just that people are concerned about everything now. 

1 minute ago, Bostonseminole said:

my wife now wants to buy a house there and leave burlington..  how much snow do they average?

Not as much as Burlington.   ;)
It’s a nice town with nice beaches and it actually has a pretty big year-round community unlike a lot of other places on the Cape.  

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

Yeah, that was my first question to her.. she did not think it was funny.  You guys might get another cape spotter in a couple of years.

I’ve been going to Falmouth since I was a toddler, lots of fun stuff to explore on the •upper cape” as they call it. 

29 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

my wife now wants to buy a house there and leave burlington..  how much snow do they average?

This year ...maybe they got 10”, year before about 25 rain storms . Sounds like death for a snow lover . I’ll have to check it out in the summer thou .

16 minutes ago, radiator said:

Looks like there's currently an impressive rate of lightning strikes per minute in mid/southern New Jersey - from lightningmaps.org

southern NJ.png

looks like there will be some massive rainfall totals from the Philly area.  It keeps building right over them.

https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=PAZ071&warncounty=PAC101&firewxzone=PAZ071&local_place1=Philadelphia PA&product1=Flash+Flood+Warning&lat=39.9522&lon=-75.1622#.XwN1zyhKhPY

https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=PAZ071&warncounty=PAC101&firewxzone=PAZ071&local_place1=Philadelphia PA&product1=Severe+Thunderstorm+Warning&lat=39.9522&lon=-75.1622#.XwN2RChKhPY

244 PM EDT Mon Jul 6 2020

...THE FLASH FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 515 PM EDT FOR
NORTHWESTERN CAMDEN...NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON...SOUTHEASTERN
MONTGOMERY...SOUTHEASTERN BUCKS...PHILADELPHIA AND NORTHEASTERN
DELAWARE COUNTIES...

At 242 PM EDT, law enforcement reported heavy rain continuing in the
Philadelphia metropolitan area. Law enforcement reports several
water rescues in the northern Philadelphia area and adjacent
portions of Montgomery and Bucks Counties. Frankford Creek has
reached moderate flood stage. This is a very dangerous situation.
Flash flooding is already occurring.