Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

14 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol we were under 60 yesterday afternoon.  A glorious weekend full of sun and fun. How was the weather where you were Sat and Sunday?

https://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KIJD.html

Up here we were 40s and 50s for dews the past couple days.  BTV was 83/46 yesterday for a dry heat.

Low of 52F last night.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Tuesday 70s Friday 70s .Euro and GFS with tropical rains Friday. No big heat but hot. Usual Tarmacs and city streets hit 90 but where we live in forested rural areas 85 to 88 . 

download (1).png

Good ole fashioned summer, nice. The big heat may arrive mid month onward as the dome finally pushes east. Thoughts?

25 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Up here we were 40s and 50s for dews the past couple days.  BTV was 83/46 yesterday for a dry heat.

Low of 52F last night.

I had the best weekend in a very very long time. All the grandkids and family was over at different times. It was so nice to be together again, all outside and in the pool, playing games on the lawn and just hanging.  Huge seafood boil with whole king crab , clams ,huge shrimp, mussels, scallops  potatoes,  sausage. Steak kabobs and the kids hamburgers and hotdogs. Topped off with grandma's special strawberry shortcake all hand made. The weather was perfect. Today I chill and enjoy the quiet though lol, pretty spent and a tad of a hangover cuz I rarely drink. Jamieson and cokes fml

• Like 4

Lol we were under 60 yesterday afternoon.  A glorious weekend full of sun and fun. How was the weather where you were Sat and Sunday?

It was worse had a few different  friends in cape . One in Barnstable area , another over  in Harwich and also Truro 

not as bad as Maine coast weather was not not that warm at all 

If I was booking a family trip far in advance of accurate weather forecasting , I’d probably look more closely into a nice lake spot  w cool water toys and amenities for everone bc the weather will likely have (much more likelihood of higher temps for summer activities ) , W out onshore flow And low clouds fog and temps around 70

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It was worse had a few different  friends in cape . One in Barnstable area , another over  in Harwich and also Truro 

not as bad as Maine coast weather was not not that warm at all 

If I was booking a family trip far in advance of accurate weather forecasting , I’d probably look more closely into a nice lake spot  w cool water toys and amenities for everone bc the weather will likely have (much more likelihood of higher temps for summer activities ) , W out onshore flow And low clouds fog and temps around 70

Usually second half of July and Aug are a lock for good/warm wx on the Cape. Sometimes June and early July can have stratus. 

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We weren’t in E CT

We prepare for heat: 

Highs Thursday and Friday will be in the upper 80s to mid 90s. With dewpoints in the upper 60s to low 70s, apparent temperatures will approach the mid to upper 90s in portions of the Saint Lawrence and Champlain Valleys, and heat advisories may be needed.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Usually second half of July and Aug are a lock for good/warm wx on the Cape. Sometimes June and early July can have stratus. 

I mean if you can’t plan on the beach in the summer, and need to book a NNE lake vacation, when can you beach?

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I mean if you can’t plan on the beach in the summer, and need to book a NNE lake vacation, when can you beach?

You can beach anytime. I always go to the beach. But this year these ULL have caused a little more of this weather compared to normal. I should clarify that Cape stratus is usually from the warm, humid SW winds over the cooler SSTs. Getting a backdoor with NE winds and stratus in July is not that common.

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I would plan for  beach only  when the weather is within a forecastable range 

scooter supposedly loves hot weather and def wants very warm , so how many days is Hyannis and Chatham top 80 compared to Winni

i would imagine mid July to mid Aug feature many foggy times on cape w high dews compared to inland lakes ..that’s all

Had an awesome time at Hampton Beach on Thursday. Was so happy Thursday's weather there was perfect b/c it was my girlfriends birthday. We both actually got burned pretty good despite using sunscreen (though I think the fault was using SPF 15). Hell, she even got me to go into the water and I boogie boarded for the first time! Waves were pretty nice. It sucked the weather there sucked Friday...was quite chilly. Saturday was a tad better but still cool. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

scooter supposedly loves hot weather and def wants very warm , so how many days is Hyannis and Chatham top 80 compared to Winni

i would imagine mid July to mid Aug feature many foggy times on cape w high dews compared to inland lakes ..that’s all

I've gone to the Cape every Aug for a week recently, but won't this year. Anyways, other than a little stratus early morning, it's been warm and very humid. The waters are warm enough where fog typically isn't a big issue. 

Went to beach both days. Saturday sun broke out around 8:30. Sun cloud mix till noon. Then clouded up and then cleared totally around 2;30-3:00. 
Yesterday the sun mixed with clouds from noon on. FMH is totally different than the rest of the Cape . I’m sure yo know this. A NE wind is a land breeze

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I lived on the beach for 2 years. The mornings start hazy but clear by about 9 in this pattern.  Inland gets CU daily and you watch them from a clear sky at the beach. I like the ocean in July and August as inland lakes get too warm and potential for swimmers ear etc increases. All we wait for is some decent swells. Can't wait.  Its time

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Went to beach both days. Saturday sun broke out around 8:30. Sun cloud mix till noon. Then clouded up and then cleared totally around 2;30-3:00. 
Yesterday the sun mixed with clouds from noon on. FMH is totally different than the rest of the Cape . I’m sure yo know this. A NE wind is a land breeze

Nice glad you had a great time. Any surf?