Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

The town's fireworks were pretty sweet here in Stowe... a solid 10+ minute event.  They shoot them off from the fields right next to us.  American flag red, white and blue.

CO

The town of Gorham canceled their fireworks "due to COVID." Pretty weird since no one in Gorham wears masks at the store and there are basically no cases here... makes no sense.

Overnight
A slight chance of drizzle. The drizzle could be heavy at times. Patchy dense fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 59. South wind around 5 mph.
Sunday
Scattered showers, mainly after 5pm. Patchy dense fog before 10am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 69. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Sunday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely before midnight, then scattered showers between midnight and 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 59. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming northeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Monday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 74. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 55. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 70.

Huh??
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:
Overnight
A slight chance of drizzle. The drizzle could be heavy at times. Patchy dense fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 59. South wind around 5 mph.
Sunday
Scattered showers, mainly after 5pm. Patchy dense fog before 10am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 69. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Sunday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely before midnight, then scattered showers between midnight and 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 59. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming northeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Monday
Monday Night
Tuesday

Huh??

Is this for bath?

56 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:
Overnight
Sunday
Sunday Night
Monday
Monday Night
Tuesday

Huh??

lol

There is such a thing as moderate and heavy drizzle, but I doubt that’s what they were going for there. Droplet size is what distinguishes drizzle from rain. Intensity is different from rain though. Rainfall is based on rates and drizzle is off of visibility like snow. So drizzle reducing visibility to 1/4SM would be +DZ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:
Overnight
Sunday
Sunday Night
Monday
Monday Night
Tuesday

Huh??

:arrowhead: Dammit, someone noticed.

You can't make fog dense (F+) when you have drizzle unless you make both + (e.g. L+). I just noticed it on my last updated and dropped all drizzle. 

While technically you could have heavy drizzle, I think it sounds stupid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, butterfish55 said:

Haven't seen the sun (or moon) here at York Beach since Thursday afternoon. Maybe tomorrow? Probably not

I was going to head there today but forecast  seems to have only steadily  worsened the past 48 hrs right at the coast, especially in Maine.. Thinking will have a much better shot at a nice break further south—Rye NH on south...

Damn meso-lows...

I was going to head there today but forecast  seems to have only steadily  worsened the past 48 hrs right at the coast, especially in Maine.. Thinking will have a much better shot at a nice break further south—Rye NH on south...
Damn meso-lows...

It been awful. We are leaving today to head home because it's been beautiful everywhere but the ME coast. It's the family's house, so it's not a big deal, but....man the weather is terrible here

3 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:
17 minutes ago, jbenedet said:
Damn meso-lows...

It been awful. We are leaving today to head home because it's been beautiful everywhere but the ME coast. It's the family's house, so it's not a big deal, but....man the weather is terrible here

Sucks. Think we had a shower overnight. Winsdshield was wet when I went out to grab coffee.  Socked in the clouds again.  Not sure they wear off today.

2 hours ago, kdxken said:

Is this for bath?

Yes.  What a difference in highs:

Tues           Wed                Thurs                 Fri                    Sat

Pit 1                              82              88                    92                      92                 83

Pit 2                              70             74                     79                      79                 76

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

My winter storm threat threads die quickly withing 4 model runs.

That is because the model runs brought clarity and reality to the storm threat(s) ....and then it was time to move on to the next potential threat. The issue became that some people could not pull themselves away from the virus thread.   It's sort of like JB, he feels compelled to respond to every bit of news that mentions global warming. It's sort of like when a needle gets stuck in a groove on a record. Some people just got stuck. 

Hopefully you have better luck this winter when starting winter storm threads!! 

48 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Yes.  What a difference in highs:

Tues           Wed                Thurs                 Fri                    Sat

Pit 1                              82              88                    92                      92                 83

Pit 2                              70             74                     79                      79                 76

I'm taking Pitt 2 + 8 for next sunday!!