• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Surprisingly big interior heat today... dews were up there too.  That hot air from Canada is leaking south again.

ALB... 93F

BTV... 92F

CON... 92F

BDL... 92F

NYC... 92F

IZG... 91F

HIE... 90F

MVL...89F

BML... 89F

CAR... 88F

MPV... 88F'

LEW... 88F

TAN... 87F

IJD... 88F

KORH... 86F

KBOS... 85F

8 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Surprisingly big interior heat today... dews were up there too.  That hot air from Canada is leaking south again.

ALB... 93F

BTV... 92F

CON... 92F

BDL... 92F

NYC... 92F

IZG... 91F

HIE... 90F

MVL...89F

BML... 89F

CAR... 88F

MPV... 88F'

LEW... 88F

TAN... 87F

IJD... 88F

KORH... 86F

KBOS... 85F

KLEB lead the field with a 94.

https://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KLEB.html

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, klw said:

Have you ever dreamed of living in Iowa?  You could become "Damage in Des Moines"

sfctd.us_mw.png

26 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

In between the door and muggies it's a beautiful morning 

GANIMfTdgLT25.jpg

Thanks for posting that.....I hadnt' looked at anything other than the sunny blue sky and thought "that's a helluva way to run a crappy day".

I worked for an IA company for a dozen years so spent a lot of time in Cedar Rapids.  Worst humidity in the summer ever, and nut-retracting cold in the winter..  You'd get about a week on either end of the extremes where it was actually comfortable. 

Kind of interesting this morning... I see this alot, where a synoptic scale frontal passage takes place, and it gets "sort of" confused/mottled in with being a back-door ...but it's technically not. The BD actually comes in as a separate near-trailing phenomenon during this sequencing cool back scenarios, ..and as this satellite loop nicely demos... https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=local-Rhode_Island-02-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

it's a separate entity .   These types of BDs are not the same as those that happen alone.   

bd1.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

You’ll be glad you did 

I have crank out windows and can't come up with an easy way to install an AC unit here.

It's also a log home and the heat just gets trapped in the arched log ceilings and I can't get it scoured out easily. It'll be great in the winter I'm sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I have crank out windows and can't come up with an easy way to install an AC unit here.

It's also a log home and the heat just gets trapped in the arched log ceilings and I can't get it scoured out easily. It'll be great in the winter I'm sure.

Get one of those floor standing portable ones. They've gotten good. Or if you can afford it, mini splits are the way to go and there are state rebates for energy efficiency