Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Snow is all gone except for a very small patch at the top of Adams. Very sad. :(

9DAA0549-19C6-4517-8812-DB55C160F47C.jpeg

Don’t worry, it comes back quick.  Three months or less... at the very least even if it’s not snow there’s usually some white riming to look at during that first fall sub-0C H85 air mass.

• Thanks 1

Decent heat wave signal there... and I don't believe that deeper tropospheric mass transport favors NNE necessarily on that ...when blending the Euro with some portion or another of these recent GFS runs..

This 18z GFS version is probably about as hot as this particular model is capable of being ... pretty much day 5.5 through D12 or 13 averages above 17C at 850 ...with episodes around 20... There one day out there with a 582 dm thickness contour closed off from NYC to PWM...with a 99 at ALB and 98 BOS respectively -

I'm not sure it confident but it is July.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Decent heat wave signal there... and I don't believe that deeper tropospheric mass transport favors NNE necessarily on that ...when blending the Euro with some portion or another of these recent GFS runs..

This 18z GFS version is probably about as hot as this particular model is capable of being ... pretty much day 5.5 through D12 or 13 averages above 17C at 850 ...with episodes around 20... There one day out there with a 582 dm thickness contour closed off from NYC to PWM...with a 99 at ALB and 98 BOS respectively -

Can SE Canada save us 

23 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

We’ve been mentioning a 5-6 day SNE heatwave much of the afternoon with potential for a couple big boy days. It’s coming 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1