• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Yeah that back door is probably a slam dunk given that mid level circulation construct from central to mid latitude Canada down through the Maritimes… Might as well draw the shades and not even look at another weather chart for about seven days if you’re in for the heat and humidity because whatever the sfc pressure pattern is modeled?… if it’s not cold drizzly butt fisting from the northeast toss it 

That pattern is going to create a mass discontinuity that will slam into the coastal areas east of the appellations and white green mountains 100% of the time.

Now if the models are wrong about the governing flow construct ... Put it this way… It’s like you have to correct for more back door front potential and realization given that flow structure where is if the flow flattens up there then we can ease off

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

No precip, except maybe far west CT. Should be ok there Sat aftn hopefully.

Could be cooler than preferred but a clear afternoon will work. Getting some fireworks tomorrow to put on a display for the kids. Wife thinks it’s a bad idea as I tend to end up in the ER when I get spontaneous but even if I lose a finger or two...as long as the kids are happy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Could be cooler than preferred but a clear afternoon will work. Getting some fireworks tomorrow to put on a display for the kids. Wife thinks it’s a bad idea as I tend to end up in the ER when I get spontaneous but even if I lose a finger or two...as long as the kids are happy.

Nothing wrong with violent explosions and danger.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Another wizzy insect thread.

Can we at least post something more relevant like kuchera maps?

Not Kuchera but Euro overnight was not bullish for snow over the next couple of weeks.

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

5 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

GFS has nothing. Euro may be zonked Saturday. Tough to get those rains on the cold side of a boundary like that with a BDF. I'm sure the GFS and Euro will compromise which still is better than the euro op verbatim.

Yep. Euro tossed.