Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Saturday, June 27 - Sunday, June 28, 2020 Convective Thread

weatherwiz

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

S of 84 got about .25 in town. I’m 2 miles NW of 84. Nada . And screwed relatively speaking yesterday with .30 while just north got almost an inch. Just not my summer for qpf.  lol. Look at the beast to my north now 

Yeah looks like my folks might get smoked in N. Woodstock on the state line.  Beast mode on that one.

Can someone explain the way these storms are moving?  They aren’t really “Moving”; they are seemingly Attaching themselves to little bubbles and Blowing up, even blowing up to the West, FASTER than they can move East!

It’s so So Stange!  

And there is Ocean Effect it seems on radar??  Looks like winter!  

• Weenie 1

This is a pretty crazy zone that’s pretty much training over itself.  

Seeing radar estimated 3” rain in Holland unless it’s hail contaminated... and Norwood is putting up a pretty big 2-4.5” rainfall footprint for that amount of water.  

Pretty large area of 1”+ just south of the Pike.

Must sound like WWIII in there, the lightning maps are going nuts.

7F25D77A-8C33-41D7-99AA-E8006955F90A.thumb.png.489ab07008a7aca0d5d17d994e79f632.png

Just now, TheSnowman said:

Can someone explain the way these storms are moving?  They aren’t really “Moving”; they are seemingly Attaching themselves to little bubbles and Blowing up, even blowing up to the West, FASTER than they can move East!

It’s so So Stange!  

And there is Ocean Effect it seems on radar??  Looks like winter!  

Back building 

I can't meltdown over this. Melting down b/c something doesn't happen in your backyard is childish...especially when it comes down to something which is such a smaller-scale type phenomenon. The nature of convection is some towns will get hit and some won't. But the initial thoughts about this weekend were completely off...especially the idea about strong shear today (so either the pre-assessment was incorrect or it just evolved differently. Initial thoughts about yesterday was completely out of whack. But I think I see why 

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is a pretty crazy zone that’s pretty much training over itself.  

Seeing radar estimated 3” rain in Holland unless it’s hail contaminated... and Norwood is putting up a pretty big 2-4.5” rainfall footprint for that amount of water.  

Pretty large area of 1”+ just south of the Pike.

Must sound like WWIII in there, the lightning maps are going nuts.

7F25D77A-8C33-41D7-99AA-E8006955F90A.thumb.png.489ab07008a7aca0d5d17d994e79f632.png

Crazy thing is I’ve heard no thunder with that cell. I mean nothing. The cell that formed overhead earlier had great thunder even though it missed . think the Seabreeze shot north of me and that wind direction is carrying the sound north. Does that even make sense?

16 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

0.03" isn't gonna cut it

0.01" here. Storm went just north...steady moderate rain missing to the south. It's sad when you're outside watching rain fall that adds up to 0.01", but it seemed like a soaking at the time.