Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Saturday, June 27 - Sunday, June 28, 2020 Convective Thread

weatherwiz

3 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

It's really picking up here again. Big boomers 

All the best parameters pretty much right around Boston. I'm sure too some added convergence from a sea-breeze. But 2000 J of MLCAPE with 30 knots of effective shear...that's going to produce something. Looks like we have the same over CT but we're obviously lacking something. Maybe just lacking some type of extra boost...though it looked like there was some sea-breeze action here. Things really picking up too along the MA/CT border. 

EDIT: looks like sea-breeze boundary made it to the border (from LIS)

Quite the afternoon, been teeming for about 90 minutes with lots of lightening and wind. Still bolts and thunder as the best moves south of us, this is the best we have experienced in years. For about 90 minutes before it started to rain I could hear the thunder and see the bolts north of us, I was windering if it would dip south and we finally got in on the action. Has to be 2 to 3 inches of rain, I went out for a ride around Walpole and lots of street flooding with the trees blowing pretty good.  Very impressive event

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Was wondering where that was relative to you.... it was following 84 pretty good.  

S of 84 got about .25 in town. I’m 2 miles NW of 84. Nada . And screwed relatively speaking yesterday with .30 while just north got almost an inch. Just not my summer for qpf.  lol. Look at the beast to my north now