Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SVR potential late Sat June 27?

wdrag

3 hours ago, bluewave said:

The NAM convection placement has been off recently. Too bad they had to suspend the HRRR v4 and delay implementation. Those 24 to 36 hr convection forecasts seemed to be pretty good when the forecasts were on COD weather. Would be nice if they could develop a new CAM run off the ECMWF. 

All I really look at is satellite, radar, and instability maps. Those meso models can really crap the bed with convection. And I wouldn’t trust any of their radar illustrations 

Good Sunday morning everyone,

Here is the wrap-up: Failed outlook...ending up further south and faster, with less CAPE, Heating was less-max T near 80;  and so the instability in advance was limited. This ended up not worthy of my raising expectations.  

However, I've added two images.  One is the rainfall estimates..I think this is accurate.  You can see how some of the previously posted graphics didn't fare too well.

In my opinion, the GFS qpf did okay (EC gusts predictor for NYS/PA was forever failed in this event).  All models tend to err the track of the svr convective bands around here, which are usually further south than modeled.  In this case you see the nice stripe of heavy rainfall south of I80.  

NYC metro, glad you got something...your first extensive minor event since the 11th (as I spot checked).  

SVR: few reports in the heavy qpf axis south of NYC.

Hopefully this summary is useful.  648A/28

at 158P. I added on more detailed LSR info, as pulled from the LOT LSR website, a national program that I like. 

https://www.weather.gov/source/crh/lsrmap.html?sid=lot

The link is above.  158P/28

Screen_Shot_2020-06-28_at_6_25.49_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2020-06-28_at_1_47.08_PM.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1