• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We just passed .5" for the day which is more rain then every day combined since Isaias.  Less than 1/2" over 3.5 weeks. It feels like Christmas. Down to 59 degrees here.  That is fairly impressive. 

That is great news. I'm at .05" which is perfectly okay after getting 1.4" over the weekend. My temp has been slowly falling the past couple of hours, I'm at 67.

• Like 2

The RWS (Rouzerville Weather Service) almost official qpf totals for Met Summer 2020 will 5.75" (pending anything extra in the next 6 hours) making it both the hottest (on average) Summer in history as well as the driest per my discussion with a local met who assists with NWS reporting in Northern MD. This comes on the heels of the lowest snow total in modern recorded history making 2020 one of rarest weather seasons ever.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

This is false! 

Outside of last year, we have been on a great run of above average seasonal snow totals at MDT going back to 2014. 

Eh, I guess its the big game hunter in me but getting 40" of snow in bites of 3-6" is not a "winner" at the end of the day but I can certainly see how others would see it that way.  I have been back for two full winters now and have only had to shovel 3-4 times of which the highest was 8" .  When I said a few years I was thinking back to 2016.