• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Eric Horst just announced his retirement as director Meteorology at MU. He's going to do some weather consulting and expand on his rock climbing business. Our area will miss his local expertise, and no one in here will have to listen to me any longer about him. :( 

Wait - he did say that he'll continue to talk weather on Twitter. :) 

Thank goodness he is staying on Twitter otherwise we would become even less grounded looking at GFS snow maps. 

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Eric Horst just announced his retirement as director Meteorology at MU. He's going to do some weather consulting and expand on his rock climbing business. Our area will miss his local expertise, and no one in here will have to listen to me any longer about him. :( 

Wait - he did say that he'll continue to talk weather on Twitter. :) 

Gosh we lose Matt Moore and now Horst. :(

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Radar has been looking good and then it splits. I would almost think it's winter pattern :lol:

Getting even drier here if that is possible. 

Its been a terrible summer for guessing local conditions based on radar.  One almost wants to be looking dry up until 15 min before show time.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Check out storms by Pittsburgh.   We aren’t done yet 

Oh I think I am getting some rain today (tonight probably).  Itstraining time has put his backing behind it as has the HRRR.  But radar weather guessing has been terrible this summer.   Looking at the latest HRRR it did an incredible job predicting that imminent rain would fail before getting here.  Looks good for your area as well at about 1/4". 

image.png.ab0d8b4a47593a40a9a2937c52a77ac6.png

38 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I bet @CarlislePaWx picked up over 1/2".  Think we might get the same shortly.   The looks here are just like Mags pic from last night. 

Not quite that much.  But, a wind gust to 31 mph heralded in 0.30" of rainfall.  Looks like it's winding down now as skies are brightening.  Temp down to 71.

• Like 1