• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

21 minutes ago, paweather said:

Thanks, so night and day different from the GFS. 

The GFS/GEFS really doesn't have a lot of QPF either, it kinda loses the remnant low of Laura on the prog with the northern branch low showing. I've seen Laura's impact here as more of an influx of it's very humid tropical airmass and the potential for heavy downpours with thunderstorms that develop. It's not looking like any kind of significant intact area of heavy rain.  The pressing frontal boundary is also going to draw up it's moisture as well but the focus on that has been more on western PA. 

24 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

The GFS/GEFS really doesn't have a lot of QPF either, it kinda loses the remnant low of Laura on the prog with the northern branch low showing. I've seen Laura's impact here as more of an influx of it's very humid tropical airmass and the potential for heavy downpours with thunderstorms that develop. It's not looking like any kind of significant intact area of heavy rain.  The pressing frontal boundary is also going to draw up it's moisture as well but the focus on that has been more on western PA. 

True. I think from what you and Bubbler are saying the more bang for rain is the frontal passage early next week. 

Normally I'd look at a radar like this and think heh it looks pretty stormy later. After this summer I'm looking at it thinking "Wonder how it finds a way to miss us with a light shower at best". At any rate a new severe watch has been issued for most of the central from the Susquehanna westward. 

319059272_ScreenShot2020-08-27at5_39_45PM.thumb.png.9dbd7219af9d36d11157e9da35911577.png
EB6A78FA-3DA0-4821-B7A2-937A7CF08409.thumb.jpeg.a9cdfd45a306a6783f6efeaa91d51d9f.jpeg

21 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Normally I'd look at a radar like this and think heh it looks pretty stormy later. After this summer I'm looking at it thinking "Wonder how it finds a way to miss us with a light shower at best". At any rate a new severe watch has been issued for most of the central from the Susquehanna westward. 

319059272_ScreenShot2020-08-27at5_39_45PM.thumb.png.9dbd7219af9d36d11157e9da35911577.png
EB6A78FA-3DA0-4821-B7A2-937A7CF08409.thumb.jpeg.a9cdfd45a306a6783f6efeaa91d51d9f.jpeg

Just a matter of how much :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wowza!

Wasn't too serious, pretty decent gust front before the rain really started and some half decent winds.. and a nice downpour for a change. Temps all the way back to 66. I think this was literally the first severe warned thunderstorm I've had all summer here.