• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

52 minutes ago, paweather5 said:

Nothing again the split is real this year. I am dry while 10 miles south has been hit week after week. Then hits the river and explodes into lancaster. Crazy year I have lived in my house 5 years now and first time the creek dried up on the property. 

I grew up in Southern Lancaster county. The southeastern third of York county into the bottom half of Lancaster county is a Thunderstorm alley. Cells pop in Southern York and then explode as they cross the river. I saw many funnel clouds growing up and LOTS of wind events. I have yet to experience storms anywhere else as bad as I did growing up in the West Willow/Conestoga area.

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

A much-welcomed .32" here with a stunning rainbow as an encore. 

Had a wonderful downpour here from a thunderstorm that went directly over me.  Got 0.27" and also saw the same rainbow which lasted for at least 20 minutes.  Colors were most vivid closer to the eastern horizon and the arc quit roughly 40% of the way up from the ground.

18 minutes ago, canderson said:

Laura is gonna he trouble for me fam. Then it’s gonna come flood parts of PA, I’d bet. 

Also @Voyager is having rotator cuff surgery today. I know 3 people who’ve had it - one did the therapy to a T, the others didn’t. The others never recovered fully while the one who did it is totally well. Do the PT! 

That was nice of you to remember and mention that re: @Voyager.   Laura definitely does seem like the more impact causing storm of the two. 

21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just looked at the EC.  Shows Laura missing a possible phase like situation with a Northern Stream System and missing our Sub-Forum (as of today).  The potential course is changing so drastically each run its not worth too much discussion but until the EC shows rain I am not putting on my rain coat. 

Keep that rain coat of yours stored away watching the EC...in the meantime, you'll probably be under a deluge later today and tomorrow. :)

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Also @Voyager is having rotator cuff surgery today. I know 3 people who’ve had it - one did the therapy to a T, the others didn’t. The others never recovered fully while the one who did it is totally well. Do the PT! 

@Voyager  Ive had it done 3 times.  2 left - 1 right.  labral tears and tendon tethering...5/8" ground off R clavicle for more "space" ...the normal shoulder stuff.   :P

Busted my ass in PT and well after ( its been 15 years since last one - still do pushups 2-4 times a week (incline).  Take the disco cookies (percaset for me) to sleep and after PT....Trust me, but limit them as soon as possible to advil.  Its a LONG haul back, but you can do it.  6wks in immobilizer sling each time.  Is what it is....

Canderson is correct....do the PT.  It WILL HURT LIKE HELL.  Work through it.  If you dont...less strength and range of motion comes back.  

BTW, left shoulder is getting weak again, but I still do most everything I enjoy in life...including my pushups.  

Good luck Steve.  

21 minutes ago, canderson said:

The tiniest little cell just popped over Enola. Lots of deep thunder heard in the city. Then, we have some rain happening!!!!

Radar looks like its blossoming nicely to the NW.  Looks like we all have a chance to get into the goods.  I saw a report right near my house of 2.12" yesterday.  i didnt think we got that much, but we definately had to rounds of heavy rain.  #luckylanco

7 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Radar looks like its blossoming nicely to the NW.  Looks like we all have a chance to get into the goods.  I saw a report right near my house of 2.12" yesterday.  i didnt think we got that much, but we definately had to rounds of heavy rain.  #luckylanco

I'm not sure what the official total in Lebanon County was last night but we were rocking heavy rain here for a little while. 

11 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Radar looks like a winter time squally kind of day - lots of activity as you said to our N&W and moving east. I'm going to pretend it's January 24 2021 and wait for an incoming quick inch of snow in 15 minutes. :sled:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Just hit 90 for the 39th time here. 

I just read in the mid atlantic obs disco that this hasn't been a hot summer - I thought we just came out of the hottest July in recorded history? 

I hear people saying this as well and they are basing it on extremes.  Temp wise it was certainly hot on average but no 105 degree, killer heat waves.