• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

23 minutes ago, paweather said:

I don't remember much about 78 but will google it. 

You look at this map and you might say "eh...what's so great about that?" (particularly for our area)

1. Our forecast was for 1-3". I had 16". That's a pretty colossal bust in a good way, which is rare.

2. Sustained winds even in our area were stronger than ANY storm that I've experienced, including the Superstorm.

Like Nut said, we all have elements that are important to us. For some, it's all about the final total. I completely get that. For me, I like to see blinding snow being whipped sideways by 40+ mph winds. This storm had that. We had a drift in our driveway that exceeded 9' in depth. 

Blizzard of 1978 snow totals.png

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

You look at this map and you might say "eh...what's so great about that?" (particularly for our area)

1. Our forecast was for 1-3". I had 16". That's a pretty colossal bust in a good way, which is rare.

2. Sustained winds even in our area were stronger than ANY storm that I've experienced, including the Superstorm.

Like Nut said, we all have elements that are important to us. For some, it's all about the final total. I completely get that. For me, I like to see blinding snow being whipped sideways by 40+ mph winds. This storm had that. We had a drift in our driveway that exceeded 9' in depth. 

Fringed.  

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yeah I like the elements along with the large totals. Look at that cut line though. WOW as Bubbler pointed out he got fringed. 

8 minutes ago, paweather said:

It's another Delaware Valley special today.....and something even worse @Itstrainingtime   STOP the O's from beating the Phils please. Maybe the rain will last over there so they can't beat them today. :D

The Orioles are 6-1 on the road and 3-6 at Camden Yards. I guess the Birds get excited playing in hostile environments this year. :lol:

9 hours ago, canderson said:

It looks more and more like we aren’t getting any precipitation until at least Sunday and that might be going away. At least it’s in the 80s finally. 

Hate to say it but we could have just posted the Euro as the official NWS forecast and would have been pretty much right.   Euro shows little to no Precip for most of PA for the next 10 days.