Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

2 hours ago, paweather said:

FirstHand Weather on Facebook. LOL who knows:

CTP posted pretty much that kind of an anomaly map yesterday for the 6-10 day. Looking like a frontal passage at the beginning of next week will send a cooler regime into PA for a good part of next week. They also just posted this one not too long ago. 

117441932_3397376060313457_3884144126858948957_o.jpg.8bdc6edf2b9feb3c7eb88ae3a64095c8.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I know its probably too low but the GFS keeps advertising a high of 61-63 in the LSV on Sunday (with clouds of course). 

sorta chuckled when i saw it, but yes, Bubbles is not day drinkin....yet

wouldnt that be nuts if it verified.   Peeps would be moanin n groanin for sure.

gfs_T2m_us_15.png

Just now, pasnownut said:

NWS goin w/ 79.  IMO that is much more logical based on thermal profiles as there just isnt anything close by to tap into, nor a big stemwinder to create GFS advertised temps.  Diurnal cooling in 2nd week of August in E Pa, just aint happening.  

If I had to bet and it was cloudy/rainy type day I would say 68-72.  

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

thermal profiles and wind just dont match up at 18z timestamp.  SE low level winds just won do it in august...or any month as we all know.

My thought was based on the other models being closer to 70 and just, like you mentioned, the time of the year.  Cannot get low 60's temps with winds blowing in off the ocean as the water is too warm so its not an easterly thing. 

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If I had to bet and it was cloudy/rainy type day I would say 68-72.  

I remember several days in mid August when it was 65 and dreary. It absolutely can happen, but as Nutter said...it ain't likely given the setup this time around. 

It is oppressively oppressive out this morning. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I remember several days in mid August when it was 65 and dreary. It absolutely can happen, but as Nutter said...it ain't likely given the setup this time around. 

Back on July 21st, 2018 I had a high of 69 with clouds and rain so anything is possible 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Back on July 21st, 2018 I had a high of 69 with clouds and rain so anything is possible 

It's an interesting possibility to keep an eye on.  I think the GFS, Nam, Icon and CMC all show varying temps of around 70 or below at 18Z.  Have to watch for the possibility of a sneaky high being at 12:01AM Sunday Am.    The King shows low to mid 70's for 18Z as it drives the heaviest rain shield a bit south of the others (actually appears to retrograde the slp/bounce it off another slp in the Atlantic)  so everyone on board with it not making 80. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

plus if one looks at the overall size of that anomalously "cool" blob as depicted, check surrounding temps and show me what/where it is tapping into in order to create said anomaly.  only thing going for it is 700's outta da NW, but 850's and below are SE.  Close but not close enough. 

Ok, Im done dissecting the 6z cause the 12z may be notably different....but it was fun anyways.