• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

23 minutes ago, paweather said:

Yeah whether you agree or not about canceling in the fall to try and play in the spring these NFL talented players would definitely not do it. Now you have the SEC and ACC medical experts saying it is safe to play in the fall so they may play yet. I am so disappointed not to see Parsons play again for PSU! But I respect and fully understand his decision. I would do the same. 

Another related issue is Pro Sports.  NBA and NHL are basically throwing away the first 1/3 of their next season to finish the last one.   And this is assuming we do not have a dramatic increase in Covid issues as it gets cooler.  Owners, who are rich enough so no one should feel bad for them, are losing mega amounts of money.  This year is changing everything going forward even if just to have better backup plans in place.

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Another related issue is Pro Sports.  NBA and NHL are basically throwing away the first 1/3 of their next season to finish the last one.   And this is assuming we do not have a dramatic increase in Covid issues as it gets cooler.  Owners, who are rich enough so no one should feel bad for them, are losing mega amounts of money.  This year is changing everything going forward even if just to have better backup plans in place.

Yes that is the positive no doubt that will allow change to happen when things like this in the future occur maybe not my future but my kids. Agree 100%. And everything in sports will have an asterisk to it that it is unfortunate. But for the sports world and fans at least they are seeing something other than Korean Baseball or Cornhole Championships on ESPN. :D 

1 minute ago, paweather said:

Yes that is the positive no doubt that will allow change to happen when things like this in the future occur maybe not my future but my kids. Agree 100%. And everything in sports will have an asterisk to it that it is unfortunate. But for the sports world and fans at least they are seeing something other than Korean Baseball or Cornhole Championships on ESPN. :D 

I do not care how well one can throw a beanbag, there are no winners that come from a Cornhole match except the beer companies who sold the drinking instruments to get the people to play it in the first place. LOL.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Euro doubled down on the parade missing PA over the next few days.   Sterling going with a wetter look in their flood watches. 

Speaking of getting missed - I was watching a small, but intense line of storms move out of York county directly at me. Lightning was flashing, thunder was roaring and the sky was dark. Very dark. That thing got just about over me, split, and re-consolidated about 2 miles to my east. I do not believe a single drop fell on my yard. It was a pretty bizarre thing to watch unfold.

That happened because yesterday I wished for a few dry days. I got what I asked for. :) 

Time to go out and water the garden now. 

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Speaking of getting missed - I was watching a small, but intense line of storms move out of York county directly at me. Lightning was flashing, thunder was roaring and the sky was dark. Very dark. That thing got just about over me, split, and re-consolidated about 2 miles to my east. I do not believe a single drop fell on my yard. It was a pretty bizarre thing to watch unfold.

That happened because yesterday I wished for a few dry days. I got what I asked for. :) 

Sorry to hear that.  I was not even noticing there was any rain around.  Maytown split

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My wife had to run to East Earl (Lancaster Co) and ran into really heavy rain around Elizabethtown. Said most cars had pulled off the road actually.  

Up until this year, that was a normal occurrence for me.

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sorry to hear that.  I was not even noticing there was any rain around.  Maytown split

It was an historic miss for me today.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

My wife had to run to East Earl (Lancaster Co) and ran into really heavy rain around Elizabethtown. Said most cars had pulled off the road actually.  

Shady Maple, eh?

48 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Up until this year, that was a normal occurrence for me.

I know and feel your pain now.

It was an historic miss for me today.

Shady Maple, eh?

I know and feel your pain now.

Nah had to meet someone from Kutztown for a delivery and she picked up fabric from a fabric store there. We didn’t do buffets before this pandemic, sure as hell not doing them now!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Mod risk of flash flooding per wpc and no watch.   LWX just expanded their watch cwa wide 

Yea, interesting situation.  York and Lancaster are in it as well.  EC still says much of LWX's watch area will not see that much rain.   Does seem like any excessly heavy rain will be very scattered in nature. 

5 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Picked up 0.07" rain overnight, not a lot but at least it's something.

Looks like almost 90 degree days the next 3 days.

The river is in bad shape...even have to be cautious in a jet.

image.jpg

Hopefully Sunday turns out to be as good as modeled for you guys.   Still surprised about it showing under 0.  I understand the gauge is not at ground flat on the ground but never knew any rivers were recorded in that manner. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 11:14 AM, Itstrainingtime said:

In addition to the heat, CTP is mentioning a few days of heavy showers later in the week. Could be some real hydrology issues in areas that are already water-logged. 

I'm concerned that this is gonna play out as I though a few days ago. Some areas are going to get a lot of water the next couple of days and the extended looks wet as well. 

Bubbler - I hope the Euro is right. 

51 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm concerned that this is gonna play out as I though a few days ago. Some areas are going to get a lot of water the next couple of days and the extended looks wet as well. 

Bubbler - I hope the Euro is right. 

12Z Nam definitely wants to do some scattered flooding tomorrow.