• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, things could definitely change.    Just surprised that ESPN is not making more of a fuss about it.  They just have a link saying it is being discussed.

Yep. been watching that as well. They voted 12-2 to cancel right now. But again, nothing official and I assume it has to do with everything involving Player Eligibility moving forward to Revenue  and to whether they play in the Spring. It is not just an easy thing to cancel but I think all conferences need to be on the same page with it. 

I am a HUGE Penn State football fan, I live and die with them and give the Orioles a run for my favorite sports team, period. I was already down on football this fall because what makes Penn State special was already going to be missing - 106,572 fans tailgating and cheering like none other. Even Kirk Herbstreit has gone on record as saying that a PSU football home game cannot be duplicated anywhere else in the country, which I'm sure went over really well in Columbus. Having football in an empty or nearly empty Beaver Stadium would have been depressing. Just can it altogether I say. 

Back to the weather - 93 here now. Forecast high was 92. Here we go again...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I am a HUGE Penn State football fan, I live and die with them and give the Orioles a run for my favorite sports team, period. I was already down on football this fall because what makes Penn State special was already going to be missing - 106,572 fans tailgating and cheering like none other. Even Kirk Herbstreit has gone on record as saying that a PSU football home game cannot be duplicated anywhere else in the country, which I'm sure went over really well in Columbus. Having football in an empty or nearly empty Beaver Stadium would have been depressing. Just can it altogether I say. 

Back to the weather - 93 here now. Forecast high was 92. Here we go again...

Orioles and Phillies this week. My Phils need some wins! :-) 

7 minutes ago, paweather said:

just another 2020 thing is right.  Its a shame when every friggin news outlet is in a fight for most clicks....at the expense of sanity as we knew it...

2 hours ago, pasnownut said:

GFS mid term looks to be showing a wetter look from Thursday and beyond.  Showers hopefully give respite from the oppressive heat and could help to "cool" us off a bit as we approach the weekend. If one takes GFS verbatim, it looks downright wet and showery Thurs/Fri.  

In looking at 12Z GFS was surprised that it cut WAYYY back on qpf from 6Z.  3-4" less by Sunday night from 6Z to 12Z.   Euro basically shows no rain.  Not doing meteorology just looked at the QPF maps.  

image.png.d18b345400e9fa7017563329af4122c7.png

44 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

In looking at 12Z GFS was surprised that it cut WAYYY back on qpf from 6Z.  3-4" less by Sunday night from 6Z to 12Z.   Euro basically shows no rain.  Not doing meteorology just looked at the QPF maps.  

yes, it did, but the general theme of showery weather seems to still be in the offing during that period, and that's all I'm looking at.  I dont need to see purples IMBY to see raindrops.  That's all I'm saying, and if that holds true, it is a way to beat back some heat.  

Like with others, that is a win for me.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Incredible, scary derecho plowing through the midwest today and it's bearing down on Chicagoland now. Many reports of winds > 100 mph today in Iowa and Illinois already and it's maintaining it's strength as it approaches the "Windy City" 

Wow, Chicago is having a bad few days.   Ont the Chicago Tribune they are telling people to consider leaving work early (too late now though).  Good catch @Itstrainingtime

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wow, Chicago is having a bad few days.   Ont the Chicago Tribune they are telling people to consider leaving work early (too late now though).  Good catch @Itstrainingtime

I've been following it all day. Seeing a lot of reports of unprecedented damage across Iowa...some areas are apparently look like a war zone. This is almost entirely from straight line winds, though there have been/are a few tornado warnings. 

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've been following it all day. Seeing a lot of reports of unprecedented damage across Iowa...some areas are apparently look like a war zone. This is almost entirely from straight line winds, though there have been/are a few tornado warnings. 

EfE3BGhWkAE8Oz4.jpg

Grain elevator smashed in Luther, IA

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sauss06 said:

I'm probably the exception. I don't mind the heat. I like it until Mid September then i'm over it and on to fall and Winter.

I'm definitely the exception, but I like heat all rear round. I'll take 90 over 20 any day that I walk on this earth...