• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

53 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I would guess that southern Lancaster county has received more precip in the last 3 days than Mag has since mid Spring. 

Lol, probably accurate. And while I wasn't home to see it today, we finally did have a round of thunderstorms come through. It was enough to get a touch of green back into the lawns in the neighborhood for now. 

• Like 2

Very productive first 7 days of August.  2.90" total.  Amazingly, measured precip on 6 out of those 7 days with the only day with nothing on the 5th.

Here's the breakdown:  8/1:  0.11"   8/2:  0.37"   8/3:  0.04"   8/4:  1.18"   8/5:  0.00"   8/6:  0.63"   8/7:  0.57"

There was also 0.09" on 7/31 and 0.05" on 7/30.  Such an amazing turn-around after the drought most of July.

1 hour ago, paweather5 said:

Man not that I wanted flooding but sure could have used the rain, that white spot in York right in that area I live. Ohh well into the next one after few days of warmth. 

It's pretty incredible how you got nothing out of today's storms. And that pic you posted of US30 just blows my mind. I used to run through there 2-3 times per week when I drove for A&S Kinard.

13 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Met Fall starts in 25 days. Have a toast to that.  Summer is running on fumes now. 

Last evening was very pleasant with cooler temperatures & a slight breeze. We took a family walk with our new puppy and there was a slight chill in the air. The sunset is happening noticeably earlier. 

Good signs that Fall is not too far away!

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Last evening was very pleasant with cooler temperatures & a slight breeze. We took a family walk with our new puppy and there was a slight chill in the air. The sunset is happening noticeably earlier. 

Good signs that Fall is not too far away!

I was stunned at how cool it was after the deluge yesterday. I went out and didn't realize we had dropped to 66!