• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

14 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

Actually the latest stage at Williamsport for the west branch of the Susquehanna is a straight 0 ft now haha. Further upstream the gauge at Renovo is reading below zero (-0.2ft), which simply means the river level is below what the gauge station's elevation for 0ft is. Either way, that is really low. 

Speaking of which, here's a picture of this crick from the Hyner Lookout near Renovo I took in 2015. I think that lookout is something like 1300' in elevation above the river.  I haven't been up that way in awhile. 

1237274250_ScreenShot2020-08-06at7_18_54PM.thumb.png.cbfd2d1a93b4a14feead5c3453979fde.png

Mag been tough fishing up here this summer. Not much water to run in. Glad I have a jet boat or I would be buying props.

0.28" overnight...currently in a downpour...serve thunderstorm warning.

Mag just took a ride up that way last week.

edit: just picked up 0.75" from that last storm.

21 minutes ago, Voyager said:

That Danville storm just missed me by about 5 miles to my north. Still got 0.25" in a 10 minute downpour. The radar return from McAdoo was 53dBZ.

Just started to pour here out of NOWHERE. I looked at the radar less than 10 minutes ago and there was nothing remotely close to me - suddenly, there's a little red speck directly over us. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Just started to pour here out of NOWHERE. I looked at the radar less than 10 minutes ago and there was nothing remotely close to me - suddenly, there's a little red speck directly over us. 

The models have been honing in on this afternoon into the evening for a good bit of rain in the area.

Visiting my family here in Danville. I really think it was a rain-wrapped tornado that went through here at 9:30. I was watching the wind blow from the west for 10 minutes...then all of a sudden it shifted briskly from the east for 5 minutes. Flooding, hail, and wind damage around. No warning whatsoever.

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

Visiting my family here in Danville. I really think it was a rain-wrapped tornado that went through here at 9:30. I was watching the wind blow from the west for 10 minutes...then all of a sudden it shifted briskly from the east for 5 minutes. Flooding, hail, and wind damage around. No warning whatsoever.

WOW. Thanks for sharing. Canderson had it right that it looked interesting on the radar. 

24 minutes ago, paweather said:

WOW. Thanks for sharing. Canderson had it right that it looked interesting on the radar. 

Sure! I am trying to share the radar image, but it keeps telling me it's too big. I can hear chainsaws going all over...trying to clean up quick before this next storm moves in.

If it all holds together, it looks like I'll get a good soaking here in a little while. Of course I-81 has a habit of sucking the life out of storms before they ever get to Tamaqua, so who knows. The big rains from a few weeks ago were from storms that kept re-firing over my backyard and did not drop off the I-81 ridge.