• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Have's and Have not's all on the same team today.

Further, in their statement CTP specifically called out the southern half of York and Lancaster counties for being at most risk for flooding. 

So what I'm saying is - you and just about everyone else (me included) is playing this game for the have not's. 

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

My Uncle Coached Jim Rice

edit- My Mothers side of the family is from South Carolina. Olin Saylors is my Uncle. Jim Rice mentioned him in his HOF speech. 

Jim Rice and George Foster were 2 of baseball most feared, yet quietest players from the 1970s. It was fun as a kid to watch both. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Further, in their statement CTP specifically called out the southern half of York and Lancaster counties for being at most risk for flooding. 

So what I'm saying is - you and just about everyone else (me included) is playing this game for the have not's. 

And I am just kidding around with our fun wet/dry rivalry.  After the heat wave everyone is dry. 

25 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

And I am just kidding around with our fun wet/dry rivalry.  After the heat wave everyone is dry. 

Oh I know that. :) I'm just letting you know that I signed up for the losing team. 

Speaking of which...my Orioles lost 3 games in the span of 22 hours this week. That's impressive. 

On 8/3/2020 at 8:39 PM, Voyager said:

Damn confluence is just eating away at my snow....oops, I mean rain. It comes up almost to Tamaqua, then just dries up like it's hitting a brick wall...

Could you boys send some up this way just a little for the lawns and creeks haha. Now in the winter every man for himself and hoarding with the white gold haha.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

You have a river that is 1/10th of a foot?  That is a crick!  LOL  

Actually the latest stage at Williamsport for the west branch of the Susquehanna is a straight 0 ft now haha. Further upstream the gauge at Renovo is reading below zero (-0.2ft), which simply means the river level is below what the gauge station's elevation for 0ft is. Either way, that is really low. 

Speaking of which, here's a picture of this crick from the Hyner Lookout near Renovo I took in 2015. I think that lookout is something like 1300' in elevation above the river.  I haven't been up that way in awhile. 

1237274250_ScreenShot2020-08-06at7_18_54PM.thumb.png.cbfd2d1a93b4a14feead5c3453979fde.png

• Like 1