• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

3 hours ago, Voyager said:

Thanks! And if by nonsense you mean the snow talk, keep it coming. This is what makes our forum so great. Our sense of humor and good natured ribbing!

Hope you piss that rock out soon. 
You’ll know when....
:lol:

kidding aside good luck with it

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not specific to our area, but a stronger cyclone might prove that the European and Ukie models might have been on to something when they've been modeling wind gust in the 80-95 mph range at the Jersey shore and Long Island. Many thought those estimates were far too high...I guess we'll see soon enough.

Those models may have better at picking out the interaction with an abnormally strong jet referenced in the 5pm NHC discussion that's going to help rocket this thing up the coast likely mostly intact. 18z Euro 850 winds on the NE quad of the center have a max of 90-100mph all the way up through LI into SNE. The setup is going to allow the potential of the majority of that to be tapped on the east side. As I said earlier, if the core of the storm finds its way into some part of the Sus Valley.. it probably will come with a few hour period of higher winds that perhaps top TS force. As it looks now I think most of this potential just misses the LSV and catches SE PA. This storm is likely strengthening at the last moment bc the shear that has been a detriment pretty much the whole time has weakened, as noted in the update disco from NHC. 

On a related note.. a lot of non-tractor trailer traffic I saw on I-80 today was in the form of bucket trucks of various utility contractors heading east.   

Hi Guys!  It feels like an approaching winter storm only because it just took me 30 minutes to read through 5 full pages of posts!  That's definitely a first for me in the summertime.

As for precip so far, I had a brief shower back around 5:30pm that delivered a whopping 0.04", and that's all I've got so far as of 10:40pm.  I'm excited to track this storm and hoping to maybe reach the 3" mark from it....maybe!  Will be interesting to see what peak wind gusts I end up with.  Will be a fun day tomorrow afternoon and evening.

• Like 1

Storm made landfall at Ocean Isle Beach, NC which is 30 miles west southwest of Oak Island. 

Vested interest? My neighbor's son (and good friend) is in Oak Island for the week vacationing with his wife and they didn't evacuate. Just messaged him, but didn't hear anything back yet. I'm sure he went through the same conditions Cantore is seeing in Wrightsville Beach.

As I understand, Oak Island had a 91mph gust just prior to getting into the eye.

3 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Storm made landfall at Ocean Isle Beach, NC which is 30 miles west southwest of Oak Island. 

Vested interest? My neighbor's son (and good friend) is in Oak Island for the week vacationing with his wife and they didn't evacuate. Just messaged him, but didn't hear anything back yet. I'm sure he went through the same conditions Cantore is seeing in Wrightsville Beach.

As I understand, Oak Island had a 91mph gust just prior to getting into the eye.

Friends were at Sunset Beach. They left this morning to a relative inland in SC. Glad they did. 

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Soaker.  HRRR is definitely west of last night. Not enough for Mag though. 

You could see the trend every update last night.   We might end up in a perfect zone where we get a moderate rain that soaks in but not the rain rates that flood and run off.  The rain currently is ideal.   Around .20”/hr 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 0z Euro brings the storm center to just north of Philly later today.

The heavy precip this run now extends back to Rt.15.

The bullseye this run is near the home of @paweather ! 

The land of the parched is already approaching 1" since midnight.  It has been raining quite hard for the last hour.  About 1/3 of an inch. 

• Like 1

Today will mark the first time that my acurite weather station will not reach 90 or higher. It has recorded 90 or higher everyday starting on July 17th. I thought it would happen yedterday since there was a lot of cloud cover, but the sun broke through for several hours with limited clouds till around 5 oclock. I have recorded 35 days this summer so far that the temp. has reached 90 or higher.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

The land of the parched is already approaching 1" since midnight.  It has been raining quite hard for the last hour.  About 1/3 of an inch. 

after looking at the radar and seeing the heavier returns so far west, that you guys were in for some appreciable totals for next few hours.