• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

6 hours ago, canderson said:

I could be very wrong, but I disagree with this. The winds are nearly universally consolidated about 75 miles east of the storm center, very minimal wind to the west. I don't see this become extro-tropical or whatever it's called to ramp up winds on the west side to reach that strong this inland. 

I generally agree. It's hard to tap what is usually high winds aloft on the west side in this type of landfalling setup. Traditionally you would need the center going in west and getting into the more banded eastern side that has the full southerly/southeasterly tap of the jet bringing it northward. 

However, the actual core of this system is expected to hold together very well as it's drawn more rapidly northward after landfall, and one that stays fairly intact can deliver some decent winds. If the core ventures it's way west enough to fly through a bigger portion of the LSV tomorrow, there could be a few hour period that sees at least some TS force gusts with the passage of it. Or what at your house would probably be referred to as a light breeze. 

This was in the NHC discussion, although yea that would apply more for the immediate coast.

After landfall, Isaias is forecast to only slowly weaken due to 
interaction with an unusually strong 100-120 kt jetstream. The 
expected strong baroclinic forcing will keep Isaias' circulation 
intact and also produce very strong wind gusts along the 
mid-Atlantic coast tomorrow. As a result, the gust factors at 24-48 
h have been increased above the standard 20 percent in the 
Forecast/Advisory (TCMAT4). The cyclone is forecast to be absorbed 
by a larger extratropical low over Canada in 3-4 days.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Oh no, it just stopped here!

This will probably be a bust!

How would @canderson put this in January....”I bet MDT will not get 1 inch out of this!”

Getting the snow blower fired up with that fetch of moisture. Maybe it will clear away puddles I’m gonna try since I didn’t need to start it in winter 2020

28 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I would guess that as long as the center of circulation goes east of us, probably not much difference. If it goes further west all bets are off. 

That's what I was wondering. Will a stronger storm track farther west, farther east, or not make much difference.

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Your luck has changed this Summer!

You are the new precip capital of PA! Hopefully it continues this Winter for you.

To be honest, Tamaqua's nickname for many years has been "The land of the running water". 

As for winter, if I'm still unemployed, let 'er rip. As long as I don't have to drive in it, I'm down for a good storm.